There is more quilting to be done as I put in some TV time, but for now it is stored on the wall. When it is done I'll add some bells or tinsel or some other frou-frou to the dowel that's holding it up there, but for now it's okay.
In other sewing news, I have been doing a few of the first steps of Quiltville's Mystery Quilt for this year. I am not making the full size (by a long shot) and only have a bit done. Here's how the squares look all butted up against one another.
I know they won't be next to one another in the finished product, but I was curious to see what I had so far. In Bonnie's full sized quilt, she would have 280 of these puppies. (That isn't going to happen here. I am using all scraps----that is my one caveat----and I'm thankful that I have some softer yellow scraps because that lively yellow really grabs a lot of attention!) Yikes!
I had a follow up eye test yesterday which couldn't be performed when my pupils were dilated so I had to go back. It consisted primarily of shining a very, very bright light in my eyes and making me read the chart using the distance vision portion of my corrective lenses. I failed miserably---which qualifies me for cataract surgery.
I'm in no big hurry. I don't drive at night anyway, being fully aware that I can't see well at night. I do have an "evaluation" appointment with the eye specialist in February. I will keep that appointment if we are here and not enjoying some lovely warm place in February.
I have been told by numerous people how delighted I will be with my vision once I have this surgery done and I hope that is so. I am paranoid about my vision, having always been myopic and having watched my mother go through the miseries of macular degeneration.
For the time being I'll deal with the devil I know.
Happy Wednesday! Leave a comment for a chance to win an awesome prize!
That wall hanging is so cute! I'm sorry to hear about your surgery, although everyone I know who's had it says it's a snap. This past semester, I've provided CART to a nursing student at U of M. What a hard curriculum you had, and what a tough job.
ReplyDeleteI am changing my attitude toward the whole upcoming event----and I don't even get "evaluated" until February. It'll be fine, I'm sure.
DeleteSorry about your eye problems, but I'm glad there's a solution. Have you had your surgery yet?
ReplyDeleteOh, and the quilt is gorgeous; I agree about the yellow! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Barb! I found some scraps of softer golds to use in some of the blocks. Bonnie suggests a color scheme and many follow her lead-----which leads to thousands of quilts that look just alike. (I am shaking my head.) I am not a good follower, as a rule, but happened to have oodles of scraps in her scheme, so------sigh------here I am, with the rest of her fans.
Delete