Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's the Little Things



Good guy and I need seperate cameras when we travel.  He takes wonderful pictures of famous places while I notice things like this:

Or this:
What I'll remember from the week are the quiet morning moments sitting out in the early sun with a steaming cup of coffee, listening to the birds, watching for the eagle, and seeing twenty geese swim by for their morning lesson.

We did see some startling turkeys, sand hill cranes, and deer, too.  The deer are daily visitors, even in town, but the bird life----not so much.

Our cabin week is over and the Floridians are on the plane home even as I write this.  We hate to see them leave.  Now we can plan for our trip to see them---in cooler weather, I think.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Annie!!! That's a tiny little baby MAPLE tree!!!

    I want to get a tiny little baby maple that will have bright fire red or orange or shocking yellow leaves in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need our individual time. It is a blessing we do not all like the same things. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a lovely morning. I love the sound of the doves when I am out drinking my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please spare yourself and stay in Michigan during the summer. It's SO hot here in FL.

    I have to admit, I have a hard time just sitting outside watching the world go by. I enjoy hearing about it, reading about it and seeing photos of it. Maybe if I liked coffee it'd help me enjoy some quiet observation time?

    Glad you had a nice time this week.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.