When I was a nursing student, I had a teacher who was really quite an Evaluator. Her mantra was "Where have we been, and where are we going?"
We grew quite weary of hearing it, but has been a recurring theme in the many years since she began influencing my life.
In a minor way, I pondered this question as I traveled back home yesterday. How did I get myself into this blogging thing? Was it only because of the urging of my blogging friend(s)? Will I continue? Are other things suffering because of it? Do I overthink things and . . . . . you get the idea....
I began reading blogs in my areas of interest, meaning knitting blogs, patterns, Ravelry, and the ever popular Yarn Harlot. I tried out some creativity sites and art journaling places which led me to reading the blog of a person who was posting there, taking part in a book club online.
Her blog was such a treat, with many different interests, and beautiful photography, funny comments from other readers, that I began reading her blog pretty regularly. I also followed a family member's blog which is beautifully written and photographed. They don't post nearly enough!
I guess the hook is, that when you start lurking around in other people's lives, you feel like it's unfair not to reveal something of your own life. When I was encouraged to do a blog I remarked that my life was too boring to write about. (It still is, but that has never kept me from journaling daily all my life.)
I love to write. I love the pen on paper kind of writing. I love the magic of the appearing letters on the screen----having originated within my own head. Plus I love that life is interesting, funny, and tragic, and ever-changing.
Plus, since I love to peek in on your life, it's only fair to share mine. Have a happy one and, if in doubt, pray.
I do recall you saying a few times that your life was boring - I think my life is pretty boring, too! The funny thing is that once I started blogging I realized I really did do a lot more than sit on the couch, watch soap operas and eat bonbons.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a real treat coming to your place. I've enjoyed it so very much. Thanks for your very kind words about my blog. I'm so very grateful you found me. You are a treasure.
Kristin - The Goat
Hello Ann, I'm over from Keetha's blog.
ReplyDeleteI've been blogging for almost 2 years now. What a wonderful time I've had. Only been able to meet one lady IRL but look forward to someday meeting more.
I said the same thing when I started blogging. What do I have to say? I'm a SAHM homeschooling my 9 year daughter, a 22-year old daughter living in Seattle and a wonderful husband of 29 years. Then it just became therapeutic to write my thoughts down whether anyone read them or not.
Look forward to perusing more of your blog as time allows.
God bless.
I tried to leave a comment on your newer post (the one with Keetha's smiling mug on it!) but it wouldn't accept comments -- so here I am!
ReplyDeleteI need to have Keetha come to New York, so I can show her around the city and watch what happens when she smiles BIG at everyone, especially people on elevators. Can't wait for the headlines.
And keep on blogging!
It IS therapeutic!
Cass
No I couldn't leave a comment on Keetha's smiley face either. Never mind! I wish she would come over to England. I can't think of many places where her sunny smile wouldn't be returned a-thousandfold (maybe a funeral parlour!) and she would instantly be termed 'a lovely lady'.
ReplyDelete