Monday, August 30, 2010

You Only Live Once

In a fit of creativity and energy----accompanied by a change in the weather last week, I finished projects.

I washed newly made socks, I sewed buttons on a baby sweater, very securely, I hope.  It was really against my better judgement, but I'd made the buttonholes and really had no choice.  I also sewed buttons on an adult size sweater I'd made for myself last spring.

No more UFO's but I still had some pep left.  On to my list of September birthdays.  I eyed my boxes and bins of cardstock.  Maybe I'd make some cards.  Five easy ones, and one hard one. 

The hard one is for a loved one who needs to listen to my great advice.  ( I was the oldest child, so I'm chock-full of great advice.)  Buddy, you need to loosen up, have some fun, take some risks, laugh a little!

To put this in context, I'm not exactly Cher or Madonna.  I don't bungee jump, or cliff dive, or windsurf, even.  But I do eat jalapeno peppers, and unfamiliar foods on occasion.  I do laugh at life's ironies, and take small risks at times.  Hopefully daily, if I remember.  I'm exraordianrily ordinary, but I love life and count my blessings.  I just want Buddy to love life too.  Is that too much to ask?  Could it possibly be that he loves life too, only not MY way???  You think?

All I need is a nice way to kick someone in the pants, but really kindly.  That can be my challenge for this week.  Or maybe I should just kick myself in the pants.  Sounds awkward and painful, but I'm sure I could find someone to help.   LOL

(If you have a story to tell, remember to contribute to shannon's story tellers on Sept. 1.  Check it out at http://asouthernbellewithnorthernroots.blogspot.com/.  She has a story tellers header there to make it easy for you.)

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Finishing projects is GOOD! I have several that I have thought of doing, but its been so hot, and when its nice out, I just don't get to it for some reason. Today Im working on sorting magazines, and clipping recipes I wanted to try. That will empty out one shelf on my end table! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Project for today is catching up with blog reading because of not logging on for 2 days. I feel it should be a penance but it's not. I was going to bake a cake or two today but Keith is on with his own project in the kitchen- tiling a difficult wall. I suppose I could go do something with my hair,,,,nah I'll read blogs. Might even write one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the oldest, too and the oldest grandchild. I'm not sure if I've ever really pushed my wisdom on anyone (who am I kidding!) but I don't envy you on that hard letter. Sometimes it really needs to be said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative, keep posting such smart articles, it extraordinarily helps to understand relating to things.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.