A couple weeks ago I set deadlines, and promised to be accountable to you for my progress. The quilt top that I needed to finish was slated to be shipped on September 15th. It was ready on the 13th, but I wanted my sister to see it first, so it got shipped the next day.
This project has a deadline of September 25th. The binding is on, but I still need to quilt some names into the borders, and stitch a pocket and some documentation (like initials, place it was made, date) onto the back of the quilt. This thing isn't a wall hanging, it's a snuggle quilt. It's also a gift, so I won't say too much more about it.
The appliqued letters spell, Family is a Sheltering Tree, and family names will be quilted into the brown borders.
For those of you who care about such things, most of the fabrics are batiks. I'm okay with how it's turning out and I'm a tough critic.
For comic relief, after the bragging, I can also show you how the "Leaders and Enders" of 2" squares looks. ( Do the math, ladies, I'll be at this for a while.)
I also have a sock in progress, but that will have to wait for the next progress report.
Doing this clearing out of projects may inspire me to resurrect some other things that are stashed away, or stalled out. I have one thing that has ugly parts that clash with the rest. Perhaps I'll discard the parts that spoil it, and make some better decisions next time. We can only hope and pray.
I have enough raw materials on hand to keep me busy if I live to be 100. I'll have to send out for thread and chocolate, but otherwise, I'm good to go. Stop in to encourage me. It's lonely in there with just the radio and the ironing board for company.
Wow- This is absolutely beautiful! I was browsing Friday Fragments and stopped here for a visit, I've clicked follow if that's ok...I am further North, in Ontario Canada..
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your day!
Oh baby, the 'Sheltering Tree' quilt is just fabulous. Now cover up a bit and let me see a blush here 'cause your creative talent is truly showin'!!! This Ozark farm chick is so glad I dropped in today.
ReplyDeleteGod bless ya from the beautiful hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!
I don't do math, so I'm glad you told me it would take awhile LOL I would have never figured it out! You only have enough fabric to last until you are 100 - that's not to bad. I've seen some quilting fabric stashes that equal 2 fabric stores!
ReplyDeleteKristin - The Goat
Jeez what a project! You are a master.
ReplyDelete