Thursday, February 3, 2011

Any excuse for a party!




And our excuse for today is that our animal companion, Sweetie, has been living here with us for five years.

She was living out in the cold on her own and took shelter in our garage, finally. I would see her out in the alley when she took shelter in a window, soaking up the sunshine at noon. She was an adult, but a very scrawny one.
Finally we got her into the house, so thin and tiny, and we couldn't get her to eat or drink. After she spent a couple of days at the animal hospital, getting checked out, she was rehydrated and declared amazingly healthy. Just needed some food and water. Wherever she was before, she'd been well taken care of, and had been spayed.
So nowadays she's still a small cat and she's supposed to be, I guess, because her paws are very tiny.
There's another cause for celebration, for those of you who are keeping track, and it is the progress I've made on the sweater project. I have no idea where "blogger" will decide to put this picture, but I'll have to rely on you to figure out which thing is the cat, and which thing is GoodGuy's sweater. Good luck. One sleeve is finished, the other is right next to it, and the body is knit as far as the pattern says to go before starting the 'above armpit' portion. He wants it much longer....
That's about all the mischief I can dredge up for today. But the day is young.
Hope yours is a good one!

4 comments:

  1. weatr! glad you rescued kitty!
    as for blogger, do you upload more than one photo at a time? If so, unclick all of them so they are no longer highlighted in blue, then reclick in the order you want them to appear.
    Are you frozen yet? How much snow do you have? We just plain have too much! have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have four posts to catch up - I didn't realize I had gotten that far behind - Love the new photo at the top. It looks like you folks have hardly had a dusting of snow.

    GG wants a longer sweater, huh? Has he measured from his armpit to the length he feels the sweater should end on himself, so you have a concrete number or is he just going by sight? It's looking great :)

    Your kitty came to you about the time my husband got his liver transplant. Sounds like she chose you - what a good choice she made :) Congrats on 5 years of kitty bliss lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lover your sweetie! I think the best pets are the ones we save! Great progress on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is looking AWESOME! I still love the color.

    Miss Kitty is very cute.

    Blogger always puts the pictures you load ABOVE the last one you loaded. So - - - I plan my post then load the pictures BACKWARDS.

    AFTER I load the pictures I put in the prose in the places where I want it.

    I HAVE learned how to go into html to MOVE a picture - - - but it truly is easier to load them in reverse order of how you want them than to move them.

    At least I think it is.

    Oh - - - and I use the OLD Blogger editor, I've checked out the new and HATE it.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.