Friday, February 11, 2011

Quick Update Plus a Woo-Hoo

Well, my friends, meet the sweater project as of five minutes ago. The fronts are complete and I have the back arm shaping portion to finish this weekend. And then my Favorite Part! Sewing the project together. (NOT)

I started this on the 14th of January and it could be done in a month! I have astonished myself.

It's ski tournament weekend and we will have company by supper time. We have all decided to celebrate by having Thai food for supper. Our Thai chef has been in her homeland due to the death of her mother. We are delighted that she is safely back in her kitchen; her husband/employer took advantage of her absence to remodel her kitchen. I hope she loves it!

Our cold snap is supposed to turn into a thaw by Sunday. That would slow down our ski jumpers I think. The most dangerous weather for them is wind and the jumps have often been delayed or cancelled due to wind.

We are looking forward to our company. It seems like months and months since we've been together.

Have a great weekend, too.

2 comments:

  1. The sweater is looking just fabuoous! And you did it so fast!

    I'm not very happy about our warm-up down here - - - looks to me like all of next week is going to have highs in the 40's - - - and it ain't even SPRING yet!

    You know I'm not very happy to give up ANY of my lovely snow/cold during winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is looking fabulous! You mean you can't just stitch up the center and call it good? LOL I hope your Thai chef liked her new kitchen. Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.