Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken Talk



Several comments have mentioned the chickens on the header and the post from my stepson's house in Florida.

A little clarification is in order. The strange but handsome fowl on the header is a chicken from Hawaii, where I was amazed and entranced by all the feral chickens. I really like "outside birds", and those chickens got their pictures taken whenever I got the chance.

The chicken in the post from Marc's is one of their own. Their chickens are layers and are quite funny. While I was there, Missy came out to bring them a cob of corn for a treat and she couldn't find them anywhere. Finally they came racing out from a hole they had dug in the shade---to keep cool, maybe.

In other animal news, I have it on good authority that today is Hug Your Cat day. I hugged two out of three, and I think I could have hugged Sweetie if I'd made the treat/hug connection clear to her. Sometimes we have a failure to communicate. But, of course, the day isn't over yet.


5 comments:

  1. Oh good! I hugged my kitty already :) She wasn't happy about it, but I give her a hug each day, just to annoy her :)

    They dug a hole, huh? I guess if you're an outside animal, you do what you can to survive in the elements.

    I wonder if there's any money in chicken photography? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken in the header is beautiful! And I love all the flower pics in you other posts. I hope my flowers do something pretty this year. :)

    And thank you so much for stopping by my blog and all the encouragement!

    Hope you have an awesome Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a cat.....so you'll have to hug all of yours TWICE. Once for me!

    Love Chickens. My kitchen literally 'clucks' when I enter it! And the one from Hawaii is TOOO georgeous. Hmmmm, this reminds me that somewhere in my 'to-do' closet is an applique Chicken/Rooster quilt that isn't finished. Now that would be a good summer project, I think!

    Off to camp. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you hugged at least two of your cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard a whole story about the feral chickens in the keys. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.