Friday, June 3, 2011

Sizzlin' in the Sunshine State



Hi-ho, fellow travelers in this weather weary country. I was going to remark on a twenty-four period without a major disaster, but I just don't dare. By the time you read this we may well be reading about another.

But things are clear and sunny here and we are running from a beautiful air conditioned car to other air conditioned venues. When I go outside I get my farmer fix: The kids have two lovely hens who provide the eggs for this household, and their fruit bushes and grapevines are producing well.

The graduate is busy with rehearsals and social events with friends, and the energy here is directed toward providing food for the party the day after the ceremony. Busy times.

Chrysler corporation has not paid us for this ringing endorsement but the rental car we have is a beautiful vehicle! A Chrysler 300, quiet, powerful, gorgeous!

So all is well, and we are happy in the Florida weather, and I'm happy to be back in touch with you-all. (Or maybe all y'all.) though I never think of this area as being in the "south". North Port has so many Michiganders and Canadians that I hardly ever hear a southern accent.

Stay tuned and remember to comment if you'd like to have a chance at The Happiness Project.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying the sun. In the paper today I read about a tornado hitting Massachusetts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave your troubles at home and enjoy your trip to Florida. I love your big chicken header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh have fun! and kudos you wrote y'all right, so many yankees write it ya'll
    loving the hens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to get your update :) We will miss you at "giggles" on Wednesday.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sunny Fl. and you were right all y'all....Say hey to Pensacola if you drive by it.
    Love the hen and rooster pictures...No, I am not a farmer...never lived on one...have friends that raise them, tho...
    Have a great time in the Fl. sun.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.