Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Memory Woes

Here I am, in what is surely "the most UP North" you can get and still be in Michigan without taking the ferry to Isle Royale,------- without my camera.

I swear, I had it in my hand and headed for my suitcase. And I know I will find it sitting on my couch at home when I get there. GoodGuy has his camera, and that should be good news, right? Except that we can't seem to download the pictures anymore. Our desktop won't recognize that there is a camera connected.

We are residents of The Crow's nest at Harbor Haus in Copper Harbor, so we have a panoramic view of Lake Superior and shoreline. A lovely long dock extents nearby where flags are whipping straight toward the south. The American flag, the Michigan flag, and the German, Finnish, and Swedish flags also are flying. If you check out the website, we are in the structure at the far left in the picture. It is very comfortable and pretty inside and we are enjoying our time very much.

The food at Harbor Haus is amazing and they sell a t-shirt that proclaims "Waging War Against Culinary Mediocrity". Believe me they are winning the fight, big-time. What a time to be a new Weight Watcher!

But then, it's all about learning to live your life, and still make healthy choices, right?

My hook-up here comes and goes, and I'd better post this while I can. More to come.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, I have many UP memories but it's been many years since I was in Copper Harbor. It is beautiful country.

    My husband was in college at Lake State when the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. In the winter, it is for the most rugged souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Copper Harbor and the fort and the mtn. drive.....I used to swim in the big lake and freeze my all together off even with all my clothes on.....Loved it in the fall with all the majestic leaves.....
    Never been to Isle Royal, but that might be on my bucket list....maybe...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic area on our wonderful shoreline of Lake Superior! Hope to see you on the 22nd when we meet for lunch and giggles at Marcia's home. Barb C. joined us today. You'll find her interests of reading, quilting, etc. right up your alley. Da Yooper and I will be at Marquette on Monday and will surely go to both harbors to enjoy the view....

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.