Especially on a morning when the temperature is still in the 60's and there's a nice breeze. The cats are sitting in the windows watching the robins splashing in the bird bath, the paper guy has already delivered the paper, the coffee is hot, and life is like a dream. (shi-boom).
Two borders are finished for the baby quilt, and I want to keep at it this morning, so I can clean that room. The confusion in there is making me nuts, so it's past time to sort and pitch. That won't take long, though.
I think there has been quite a change in the weather, because I have a real powerful urge to bake bread. Unfortunately that would bring about a significant setback in the diet war. I can resist store bread and bakery bread, but my own homemade? Not so much!
My grandsons ate lunch here yesterday and depleted the bread supply, which was a public service, really. Good Guy buys way more stuff than we could ever eat and I end up throwing bread away often.
We ended up having a little neighborhood party in the cool of the evening yesterday. I walked down the alley to return Saint Bev's tupperware and we had a nice visit, then we were joined by her daughter and great-granddaughter (and a large dog named Ginger). Soon her sister-in-law came from across the alley followed by a toddler and his dad. It was so pleasant to be able to congregate outdoors that people were reluctant to go back home to their pods of confinement. That's how I felt anyway. Ahh, fresh air! It was a blessing last night.
Well, I'm off to wind up my project and do the workroom sweep out. Have a wonderful weekend!
Hehehe-eating your bread was a public service!
ReplyDeleteBatton down your hatches it's raining pitch forks and hsmmer heads over here in RIce Lake and headed your wauy"!
How nice that you and the neighbors got to have a meeting outside of your homes. Renewing friendships and chit-chatting. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a cool evening.
ReplyDeleteAnd Saturday mornings ARE quite divine, aren't they? I love using that quiet time to catch up with friends who are very special to me.
Have a good rest of the weekend ~ you've begun it quite nicely!
Yes, early mornings are best. It's cool and the birds are chirping! I even join Abby and my husband for the morning walk when it's like this.
ReplyDeleteBoy, 60ยบ would have been really nice - the past three weeks I've been in 90-100+ I remember those days in Michigan though, when all the neighbors seemed to be out and chatty. It's nice. So happy you were a part of it.
ReplyDelete