I realized as soon as I posted my last entry about our trip to Minnesota that I sounded like I was heavily tranquilized or else I was just a Pollyanna. I'm not retracting what I said, mind you, but I do realized I was "super-peaceful". Just so you know that I haven't withdrawn into La-la Land.
Well, we're home now and the feet have hit the ground again. I told you before that I had the benefit of Lynn's church's rummage sale. She found a fine bag of yarn that she purchased for me---in case 105 balls and skeins weren't enough to keep me occupied. This yarn resembles homespun in that it has thick and thin areas, which doesn't make it especially easy to work with, but does yield a nice result.
I also read a book during our time away: Clear and Convincing Proof, by Kate Wilhelm which was a pretty good read. I thought I had the villain all figured out, but I was wrong (again). She has a recurring character named Barbara Holloway who's what GoodGuy calls a "strong, determined woman". Some might call her stubborn and willful, but she gets the job done. Sort of a role model.
I have also resolved to spend some time each day with my quilting project. Gretchen Rubin says it's the things you do each day that make you happy, rather than the occasional "treat". So far I have found this to be true. I might actually have a product to show you soon, if I spend some time each day! (What a concept!)
I'm woefully behind on reading though. If only retirement weren't so busy. I will leave you now and do some planning. There's the key. I am also a great lover of the to-do list. If for no other reason than for the joy of crossing completed items off of it.
Here I go. Item #1: Write blog entry........check! See you later. Have a great day!
"...it's the things you do each day that make you happy..."
ReplyDeleteI need to take this wisdom to heart. Thanks for sharing it.
I have put your recent 'read' onto MY list! See, that works perfect! List's are GOOD!
ReplyDeleteYou make mittens. I bow to you. I failed socks and mittens, so now I just stick to things that are easy for me. Why make myself angry at a knitting needle? Life's too short, I say. BUT, I was in the local yarn store yesterday and the woman who owns it had on the cutest top. Made out of linen. I'm tempted!!!!
I'm supposed to be headed to the grocery store at the moment, but alas, I'm still in my jammies at 8:52am. This computer keeps me busy in the morning, that's for sure. But I have a plan and a list ready so here I go. Shower #1.
((hugs))
I am currently reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin and enjoying it. Thanks again for sending it to me! I try to do something I enjoy every day (in addition to blogging that is).
ReplyDeleteI loved "The Happiness Project"! Lots of food for thought and great ideas. I also have been thinking a lot about "what you do every day and not just once in a while." It reminds me to exercise and keep the house tidy. I also enjoy her video clips and e-mails. Good Luck with your projects.
ReplyDeleteMy summer reading plan.....yeah haven't started that yet. First book I got about 2 chapters in and got distracted, never was much of a reader, I love to research and read for information but sitting down to read.....not so good at it. NOw tv watching....check
ReplyDeleteKeep busy and keep happy.
ReplyDeleteWow! Thank goodness posting on your blog was at the top of the list. It was grand to see you yesterday and your quilty project is lovely
ReplyDeleteAbout to-do lists, writing a list on a heavier piece of paper -- index card -- affords the luxury of a firm, strong tear when you've finished the tasks. Tearing the card gives me such a sense of accomplishment :)
I do things every day that make me happy - it keeps me happy every day. It's a great circle to run.
ReplyDelete