Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Silence

It is morning on a Saturday, a time of such delicious stillness that I look forward to it all week. No traffic, no conversations, no lawn care, no barking dogs.

People are sleeping in or gone to camp and I can only hear a couple of birds. I love it!

Later today we will hear the sounds from the Hog Wild celebration, for the bands will be playing and there will be traffic and folks walking by. That's good too. I like hearing people have fun and it's hard to have fun with friends in silence, I suppose. But for now, I'll savor the quiet.

You're welcome to join me----if you promise not to chat.

6 comments:

  1. My kind of Saturday, too, that starts of slow and quiet and ends with lots of people and music! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have a rare gift for finding the positive aware ... it's really very inspirational. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't find you until the noisy afternoon but maybe it is just as well since I'm pretty noisy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


    Hugs in silence,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sitting on my screened porch right now and its a quiet Sunday morning. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking this **hope it was enjoyable**

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.