Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fragmented Friday

The talented and lovely Mrs. 4444 hosts a get-together known as Friday Fragments. It gives scatterbrains a forum wherein they may sweep up the bits and present them to others.

It's a public service, really---as you know if you're visiting me from there, but otherwise, I urge you to join in the fun.

1. In addition to my "adopted" soldier, I signed up to write a letter to another soldier or sailor each week. I am so happy that our service personnel are mentioned in the media so often to keep us aware of their task, and their sacrifice. We can all do something to remember them.

2. I'm having so much trouble with Blogger tonight that I can't keep the typeset I want or the size I want. I find this annoying in the extreme.

3. My membership at Weight Watchers is paying off well as I have had a weight loss at every weigh-in. I try not to think that a lifetime of returning to weigh in may lie ahead of me to keep the weight from creeping back.

4. Mrs. 4444 offered a nice tutorial on the new Google +. I'm not an avid user of social networking but it appears to have some very helpful features. I really like the "circles" feature.

5. I brought Saint Bev some dog food coupons she asked me to save for her----and true to type I returned with a big container of strawberries. There's no way to outgive her. Bless her heart.

6. My photographer son is spending July in our area, and we are finding that he can pick up some jobs here among his friends and family. Good Guy and I should have our picture taken for the church directory, and we have family members who are ready to have their senior pictures taken, too.

7. I'm an endless hawker for The Happiness Project. I don't know many people who wouldn't benefit by being aware of some of the things Gretchen writes about. I've been pretty happy for years, and she continues to teach me new stuf

Time to wind up and check to see if my links will work. You know how that goes....

Happy Friday, Friends!

7 comments:

  1. I am having trouble with Blogger when I want to do a new post or edit an older one. It seems to be taking as long as 10-15 minutes to load. It just keeps spinning and spinning.

    I am enjoying "The Happiness Project" and checking out the website for it too. I mention it in my fragments today. Thanks so much for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your two adopted service-people; Your cards and notes are EXTREMELY entertaining. You'll be a highlight of their week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna, you are highly prejudiced, but thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. married to a military man, i want to thank you for your cards and encouragement. letters are SO very important when you are away from home!!!

    blogger is causing me all kinds of problems :-(

    how cool to have a photographer in the fam!!! we always just do the old tripod in the backyard trick... which makes for some fun family photos ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing to servicepeople is a wonderful thing to do. I try to find such a project to do at least once with my class or student council each year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger is really frustrating sometimes, but I write for a site that uses WordPress, and find that WordPress has significantly more "nervous breakdowns".

    It's amazing the payoffs you get just for being a good person ... life is very, very beautiful :-)

    And you're absolutely right, there is no such thing as too much happiness :-)

    Oh, and I keep getting invited to join Google + ... I might have to give it a go. Maybe. One of these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have been the recipient of a letter from you (maybe even two now that I think about it) I know your letters are sure to be a bright spot in their day.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.