Monday, November 21, 2011

The View From the Couch



Our fun day with kids here is over and we are recuperating. But there will be more mischief afoot with youngest son returning for Thanksgiving week accompanied by his nephews (who are also my grandsons, of course), and the East Coast Girl is still home until she leaves on Wednesday.

Above we have a blurry shot of my grandsons with East Coast girl, and the parents of the grandsons. (The dear DIL, who brings baked goods with her.) This time she brought pumpkin pie, a pan of brownies, and a banana bread. She's a keeper, for sure.

Our "view from the couch" concerned a full Sunday of football. Our team is the darling of the talking heads. They have won 15 straight---and they are bound to lose a game because the defense is porous at times. Yet, they keep on winning. So we listened to that game, the Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. At the same time we watched the Detroit Lions finally defeat the Carolina Panthers. Ugly, but effective.

After that----well, you get it. I could go on and on. I have to laugh at the McDonald's ad where the girlfriend confronts her boyfriend with the choice. Face the facts, girl! It's the truth.

McDonald's: Sundays Are For Watching Football? - YouTube:

The day wasn't wasted though. I'm almost done with some Christmas knitting, and I sat with my Christmas lists on my lap trying to think of clever and useful gifts. Perhaps I thought it would get filled in by osmosis. Since some of my giftees occasionally check in here, I won't divulge whether I had any brainstorms. I do think I'll knit some more lined mittens. I do have people who have to be out in the cold.

Another place I visited over the weekend was the beautiful gift shop at our local Rainbow's End alpaca farm. Their shop is just beautiful, well stocked with yarn and finished items, both hand knit and manufactured. (When I win the lottery, it's at the top of my list to visit.) I could make a big dent in my Christmas list there.)
But not today, I think. I'd better toddle off and fill the washer instead. Hope your day is a happy one!

3 comments:

  1. Today, I stopped at Rainbow Yarn and Gifts and finished some on my holiday shopping for the guys. M.L. said you had been there this past weekend.

    Dear sister-in-law was amazed at the selection of goodies in the shop.... from clothing to yarns. The guys fed the alpacas and said they thought it was an interesting stop. A good time was had by all.

    M.L. said we will meet a week from today at Marcia's home. Bunny expressed her thanks for your help when I delivered the raffle quilt to her this morning. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that McDonald's ad.......clever. I hope all boys are paying attention out there!

    Making a list and checking it twice, are you? Knowing you, the gifties will be heartfelt.

    Love Alpaca's. I recently went to an art/craft sale at a woman's home here in the valley. She owns 40+ acres and raises Alpaca's. They were all outside that day sunning themselves. Such cute little ones in the herd, too. This woman cards and spins AND dyes everything herself. Needless to say, I'd have to take out a second on the mortgage to afford anything, but it was nice to fondle!

    We are sitting here (it is Turkey Day) watching the Macy's Day Parade and it occured to us that we don't know half of the singers featured. Man, we're getting old!

    Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to an alpaca farm on Martha's Vineyard - I think I touched every skein of yarn in the store. It was sooo soft and lovely. I bet the shop you visited was a lot the same - I can see why you could fill your list! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.