You know how it is by the end of the week. A little of this, a little of that and by Friday you are glad to spill the bits and link up to Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time.
I am thinking that Aaron Rodgers must be a pretty good sport, and I get that idea from watching the "Discount Double Check" ads which feature him and his "touchdown dance". The new one I saw this week with lineman Raji giving him dance tips cracked me up.
(For those of you who aren't football fans, Aaron Rodgers is the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers. He's pretty skilled, playing for a pretty good team.)
Good Guy saw the doctor again and was pronounced well-----as well as can be expected, all things considered. Which is true for all of us who are of a certain age.
I got some frightening information this week in my e-mail, which told me that the guideline for neurosurgeons under the new health care plan directs palliative care if you have a brain bleed episode and you're over the age of 70. I know a great many healthy, vibrant people of 70 who would lose out.
All of us at book club enjoyed The Art of Racing in the Rain though nobody else was reduced to tears. (Hard hearted women.) I never consider myself a dog person----but I have loved particular dogs very well indeed.
The photograph answers for the week of geography quizzes are thus: Day One--Copper Harbor's Harbor House Bed and Breakfast, and Fort Wilkins. On Day Two---Dublin, Ireland and a coastal city in Ireland on the Southeast Coast. My memory still hasn't spilled out that info.
Day Three---Hawaii. Day Four, Wordless Wednesday, I was about five years old.
Above we have a picture of a friendly black cat we met at a park in Hawaii where we stopped to eat sandwiches. The black cat is in honor of Friday the Thirteenth.
In the era before our household was run by Tony, Bella, and Sweetie, we had a cat named Ella Fitzgerald who was in residence when we moved from downstate Michigan back to the upper peninsula. Ella wasn't crazy about moving (to put it mildly), nor did she like sharing quarters in a strange house with a dog. So when she got a chance to go outdoors, she disappeared. This took place in mid-August.
We looked everywhere in the neighborhood to no avail, but it is amazing how well a cat can hide and how quiet and still they can become. We gave her up for lost, though we still checked at the Shelter, just in case, from time to time. On Christmas morning she reappeared walking daintily along the narrow board on the deck, and she peered into the kitchen window. It was the same cat---and she never gave us a clue about where she'd been since August. She was thin and had lost a tooth, but walked right in, purring and made herself at home.
It taught us one thing. It's good to have Inside Cats.
Join in and sweep up your fragments. Happy Friday.
My dad and stepmom had a cat when I was a kid. They moved across town to a new house and the cat made his way back to the old one! I guess they don't like change.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday the 13th!
My hubby is not a fan of cats, so we have never owned one. I think it would be great to have something 'independent' in my life ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat palliative care things scares me. Who gets to choose which folks are worth saving?
I was not able to follow the link you left at FF. I had to head to your blog my normal favorites way. Just FYI, my computer may be acting out ;-)
Thanks for the heads up. I had 2011 typed in instead of 2012. Doh!!!
DeleteHappy Friday! And THEY DIDN'T CRY! I've got so many books to read yet I'm actually considering re-reading TAORITR! Enzo is the man. Enjoy the weekend - it's going to be bitt-ah cold here in N.E.
ReplyDeleteI love those commercials.
ReplyDeleteOh my, I knew it was Fort Wilkins, but for the life of me I didn't know the B & B one or the rest...I used love going to fort Wilkins with my grandparents and aunt when I went up to visit hem in Houghton in the summer....What a blast from the past...
ReplyDeleteIndoor cats are great...We had 4 now we have 3...Maggie bit the dust, oops, I had to have her put down....she is buried in the font of the house next to the bird feeder by the kitchen window....Hannah is our Siamese and we have two black cats: Samuel is a Bombay(bred to look like a Panther) and Saetia(Say sha), our so'ns cat(Now mine by default)...I love our cats, can you tell?
Oh YES, Aaron Rodgers!!!!! And I am with Keetha and loving to see commercials..... Go PACKERS on Sunday.....
and don't get me started about the health care thingy....
Heard you had snow...Hmm!!
Love from NC and have a blessed weekend....
Did you read that the Packers are now considered "America's Team"....finally those stinkin' Dallas [donkeys] Cowboys are no longer. Which pleases me to NO end!!!
ReplyDeleteMy Friday Fragments
I always thought it was very arrogant for Dallas to call itself "America's Team"..
DeleteI'd be surprised if the Packers ever called themselves that, and maybe I'd be a little disappointed in them. It's enough that Green Bay is Titletown! LOL
I really loved that book The Art of Racing in the Rain. Other people in my book club weren't as excited. It is still one of my most favorites!
ReplyDeleteIt used to be pretty entertaining to let our cats outside now and then; they would stand near the door and just sniff. My friend's cats used to drop dead mice by her kitchen door. Charming.
ReplyDeleteThat book must be good if Mari came out of lurking to comment :)
Glad your hubs is recovering nicely!
GO PACK!!!
We were going to read The Art of Racing in the Rain for my book club, but we decided to change because one of the women's daughter's was diagnosed with breast cancer and it seemed too soon. I have it on my to read list though, maybe soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! I had a cat that disappeared and reappeared months later as well. I often wonder what adventures she had while away. I will say, she never again wandered too far from the house after the last time of being gone for months. Have a most wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteIf Ella could talk, I bet she could have told quite a tale.
ReplyDeleteI imagine Ella had some adventure! How wonderful that she found her way home.
ReplyDelete