Thankfully our temperate winter held on until our furnace episode was over on Tuesday morning. I got up at 6 AM to a temperature of 62 degrees in the house, and called our gas company at 7 AM. We have been paying for their maintenance agreement for years, and getting the yearly inspection, but have never needed the repair service before. He was a champ, prompt and capable.
Then came the colder weather. Personally, I can't believe there isn't a Packer fan or two who are relieved that they can watch the remainder of the season in the warmth of their living rooms. I've sat in that stadium in cold, cold weather---and I didn't think I'd ever get warm again. (That is all I have to say about the sorry disintegration of Sunday's game against the Giants.)
This week I received a box of Sweet Doe goat milk soap from Iowa. Not only am I as clean as can be, my house smells wonderful. I'm putting a bar in every room and my clothing drawers. It is amazing. (I'll do a whole post later.)
Also this week, we received a gift of a jigsaw puzzle made from a US Geological Survey Map of our original home town, Iron River, Michigan. Talk about tough! Plus we have to keep it covered with my cutting mats and an afghan so the Fuzzies don't help. They would love to rearrange those pieces all over the house.
My kid, the teacher, is back to being a full-time student. She is ecstatic! Born to learn.
And my sister, the teacher, now retired, still gets a bang out of snow days. So do we. Somehow the excitement of a "day off" even extends to retirement---when we have every day off, if we so choose.
I must go fill bird feeders now. We have a huge flock of red polls who feast here each day, along with the chickadees, nuthatches, mourning doves, blue jays, squirrels and deer. I scared a deer off last evening when the car lights caught him in the back yard.
Stay warm and dry. And leave a comment.
It's pretty cold here right now. It seems that winter has finally arrived. We even got our first real snowfall yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI'm done with cold. Bring on the spring and warmth! I'm ready.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
Our weather has been crazy this week. We even had a tornado, which was in one of my co-worker's neighborhood. I'm looking forward to Spring and trying not to think about the allergies that come with it.
ReplyDeleteSo are you going to cheer for the Pat's this week? :-) That jigsaw puzzle sounds wonderful! Stay warm and enjoy the weekend - it has arrived just in time!
ReplyDeleteSure, I can root for the Patriots. Brady is a Michigan alum. Besides, their defense is almost as awful as the Packers defense.
DeleteSorry about the Packers. I thought they were headed for the Super Bowl. I think I would like goat soap. I eat goat cheese. Why not use goat soap?
ReplyDeleteNever heard of the goat soap, can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDeleteBTW - Packer Backers could ALWAYS choose to stay home and watch the games in their warm homes on their wide screen TVs - - - that's how I watch ALL my football! ;-)
You taught me a new bird! When I looked up the red poll, I learned I should see it down here in the lower peninsula in the wintertime. I'll have to look closer! I got an oriole feeder for Christmas, but I'm told they just pass through here on their way to breed up near you. Darn it.
ReplyDeletePam