Posting is difficult here, and keeping the computer "on task" seems extraordinarily difficult.
Jan says it's the solar flares. Works for me...
Anyway, I can give you my opinion of The Artist this morning. It gives us a taste of silent films, with a drop dead handsome "hero", a charming dog, and a heroine who channels Mary Tyler Moore. Not much plot, but lots of period cars and antiques.
We also took a tram trip up the mountainside in the afternoon which was pretty interesting. You ascend on the tram car up 6,000 feet in ten minutes to Mt. San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness Area. Last weekend the area suffered a huge windstorm, which disabled the tram, stranding some hikers and skiers at the mountain top for 14 hours. That had to be pretty cold and scary.
I was trying to pack light----which was a bust, by the way, but I needed another sweat shirt to serve as jacket, bathrobe, etc. So we stopped in a Goodwill shop and I found the best big old grey sweatshirt. You know me -----all about style!
If you are interested in seeing more about the tramway try pstramway.com. Hopefully you won't have to book a big party or something. chuckle.
Part of the reason I didn't travel as light as I expected to was that I took a couple very lightweight knitting projects along. The aforementioned socks, and a cap pattern from Anne Hansen's Knitspot. I love both of them---even though I haven't had much knitting time. Pictures tomorrow---even though it's Friday Fragments day. I don't think I have fragments this week.
Stay warm and cozy. Pet your dogs and cats for me. I'm having kitty withdrawal.
You 'fashionista, you! But hey, you're warm!
ReplyDeleteI am laughing about packing LIGHT. What woman does that? AND you put in some knitting ~ like you were going to have spare time! Your normal!!
Dave wants to climb that mountain. I'll tell him about the stranded people....maybe that'll put a lid on it! Glad YOU were not there then.
So happy you are having a good time. I love that landscape shot. What a BIG place!
J
Sure wouldn't want to be stuck on top of a mountain for that long!
ReplyDeleteOh, that's so sad for you to be without your kitty. Abby was at the vet's all day practically and here I thought I'd have some extra home time with her--ha! The vet wanted to see her after her bath and kept her all day to make sure she was completely dry when she left.
Um,I am glad you have pictures and the website of the tram....that is as far as I will go...pictures only...am too chicken to ever get on one of those....
ReplyDeleteand thanks for sharing your wonderful trip...
and I would have kitty withdrawal as well...I have three of them...
Love from NC