Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yet Another Yarn


Knitting Daily's motto is Make Time For Yarn Every Day.

I do this, of course, since it gives me an excuse to sit on my ... couch and make stuff.

My sister and Daisy were visiting this weekend, and while we chatted I did some "stash-busting". Here is the result. I made the cap-----the little shawlette was made for her by another friend who makes time for yarn every day.

We had some unusual events here after she left. When I got up on Tuesday morning, the temperature in the house was 62 degrees, and no amount of thermostat-twisting made the furnace kick on. Thankfully, we have a service and inspection contract with the gas companyuse and the repairman was here promptly---even before 8 AM, and he replaced a motor and repaired the fan, and we had heat by 11:30.

Our furnace is as old as the hills and we have been gathering estimates on replacing it ever since the inspection. We were warned that replacement parts would be hard to find and we should start thinking about making a change. I guess that will happen sooner, rather than later.

FYI---if you are a curious knitting person----the cap was knit with one strand of worsted on size 6 needles and 76 stitches for the ribbing. Increased to 80 and another strand of variegated yarn for the body of the cap for about 8 inches and then decreased to the top. The Prayer Shawl ministry was gifted with a number of single balls of variegated yarn and I'm combining them with worsted weight to use them up. They aren't warm enough to use alone, and there isn't enough for a pair of socks. The caps will be given away.

Have a great Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that hat on you!!!!

    I believe it was a tad warmer on Tuesday than today. Glad your furnace didn't die today - - - our HIGH here was 2*F, and we've back down to -3 now.

    But - - - you KNOW I love this weather!!!

    MORE SNOW PLEASE - - - I need to shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shawl and cap..........busy girl.

    It is WARM here, too. 55 today and through tomorrow. Then snow. Then warm. What the heck is going on? But I KNOW the 'shoe' is going to drop one of these day. Most likely the day I have to drive to the airport in Denver. :(

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.