Good Guy and I are happy that we still celebrate anniversaries with great joy (and disbelief that so much time has gone by). We sneaked off to this beautiful B&B in Sturgeon Bay (in the Door Peninsula of Wisconsin for those of you far away from us.)
This is only one of the homes which is beautifully furnished and we had a suite in Hadley House on the avenue behind this building. It was very comfortable with a bedroom with a king-size four poster, a sound system with speakers in the bathroom, a jacuzzi, and little balcony where the sun would shine on the reader, fireplaces, and living room area with a big comfy couch. A television set from which to watch UWGB girls lose their NCAA basketball game. It was a valiant effort, but a loss nonetheless.
Believe it or not, I left overnight with no yarn or knitting, and no laptop. My phone was turned off too. Good Guy told me I'd better take my temperature. I told him I'd try to pay attention to my husband for 24 hours, and this was his big chance to lay information on me.
Before we headed home yesterday, we drove north to Fish Creek, and enjoyed the lack of traffic. Many places are still closed because the tourist season doesn't really begin here until May, but the whole peninsula looks spiffy, and freshly painted, and ready for the summer onslaught.
We made a few stops and purchased beautiful fruit preserves, and lingonberry wine---the most beautiful color you can imagine, and fresh cheese curds, made yesterday morning. (Love that squeaky cheese!)
My shoulder is feeling better, but I am drooling over the projects being completed by my dear knitting friends. I would love to be knitting along. sniff!
Good Guy has gone already for his first golf outing of the season with BrotherBob. I have quilting this morning, but need to reclaim my desktop before I do. It is officially a disaster zone. Bring on the shredder!
I wish you all a happy Wednesday! And a wonderful spring season. May we not have to run an air conditioner every day.
What a magnificent house! Glad you enjoyed your trip!
ReplyDeleteRegarding your previous post...I, too, am waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding the weather. Birds have migrated into the area 2-3 weeks earlier than I've noted in past years, and I worry they'll be caught in a final storm of the season. But on the other hand, this strange, mild winter was exactly what our local pheasant population needed. They've had a hard time of it lately.
Gorgeous house.
ReplyDeleteMy AC is running - better it than my nose and eyes!