Yesterday was the day I get together with my quilter friends, and swap books, fabrics, ideas and eat lunch. But on my way I bought myself a reward for my 35# weight loss.
One of my "devices" for keeping at it, has been the promise of a reward after every major milestone. So, after being stuck for a long time, I'm finally losing again and I promised myself I'd buy some cashmere yarn and knit myself a lacy shawl or stole as my reward.
You have to realize what a victory it is for me not to reward myself with a prime rib dinner, or a hot fudge sundae. I know that YOU understand that I'd be shooting myself through the foot to do that---and in my head I know that too. It's just getting that around to something that will give me as much pleasure as the delights of the dining room.
Here are the raw materials for my stole. My pattern is stored in my account on Ravelry, and I can't seem to import the picture, but it will be a challenge, I have no doubt.
You will probably be hearing more about lace shawl knitting in the future. You've been warned.
But the happening that inspired the title "Make It Fun", happened at quilting. Kay---who comments here now and again, had pieced hundred of little nine-patches, half square triangles, and four-patches which she brought for us to see.
In the course of our day together, the ladies paired them up into semi-coherent quilt squares, them together and sent a stack home with each of us.
I got home and stitched my whole stack into blocks, giving myself a congratulatory high five for getting right at it. Kay does such beautiful accurate work that it was easy. Everything fit perfectly.
I'm glad that is "fun" for you - - - for me it would be pure torture.
ReplyDeleteBut it's a good thing there are sewers, quilters, and knitters like you in this world or a sorry place it would be!
I congratulate you on choosing a non-food award-very good! Sounds like you really enjoy that group.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! What an accomplishment!
ReplyDelete