I have been working for a long time on a Words Quilt. It has strips of appliqued words of things we like---and the fabrics have words on them, and there are also a great many cat fabrics. Some are cartoons, and some are more realistic pictures---but there are a lot of them.
Imagine my delight to find a fabric for the backing which has both words and cats! There is only a yard, but it's going right in the center of the pieced back. TA-DA!!
On the reading end of things, I could take a picture of my Nook, but I won't. You know what an e-reader looks like. I have just read a couple of books downloaded from the library.
Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella was a fun read, in which a super-smart, stressed out lawyer finds herself working as a housekeeper. Funny stuff.
For those who have followed the girls of the "Traveling Pants" books, I just read the third (I think) which wasn't at all what I expected. The book is called Sisterhood Everlasting. The author is Ann Brashare. I enjoyed that one, too. Right now I'm reading a quilting book by Gwen Marston, thanks to Kay's generosity.
I'm not cheating---by reading a quilt book, either, because this book is loaded with text rather than being all pictures, and has a great many good ideas. It's called The Liberated Quilter, I think.
So I will wind this up by wishing you happy reading, or quilting, or knitting, or gardening. Whatever you're up to, be happy in the process!
I just finished reading "Outlaw Platoon" on my Kindle. What a great read for Memorial Day! It's about a platoon during its year of duty in Afghanistan--gives you a real appreciation for our soldiers!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, it looks like I'm behind on your blog!
ReplyDeleteI'm lovin' the words quilt - - - just want to see MORE of it.
LOVE that fabric............it's TOOOOO wonderful and TOOOOO perfect. 'Twas Kismet that you found it.
ReplyDeleteReading a lot, eh? I'm knee-deep in THE DRESSMAKER right now. Titanic and deception and love. Goes hand and hand, right?
WIND here, but the birdies are still eating me out of house and home. Oh, I planted a Bleeding Heart right before our 50 mph wind day. It's still alive, so guess it's a good plant!
Thinking of you.....often.