Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Extreme Gratitude Mode

I think I am consistently aware of how blessed I am.  My folks used to have a wall plaque in their kitchen that read, "For food and friends, we give Thee thanks".  And they were truly thankful, I know.

But this week I have been so aware of the sheer volume of good things that I'm provided with that I can't help but be in awe!

Over the weekend, I got to spend time with a few of my favorites.  My sisters, my older daughter and I got to spend some time together in weather that was just exactly what I would order, if the weatherman made me a consultant.  It was sunny, a little breezy, and just warm enough.

I have all the raw materials I need for all upcoming creative endeavors.  I have the means to buy more if my plan changes.

I still have my sight and mobility.  I feel even better this year than last year.

And my friends!  I can't begin to praise them enough.  They tease me, they challenge me, they share stuff.with me, and sometimes they spend their day off, shopping and schlepping me around their town, like Keetha did yesterday.  I got to visit Cranberry Creek, and meet "E-Lois", and get fresh cheese curds at the cheese factory.  We strolled along the Big River, she took pictures, I got to know more about her interesting city.

After that I got  to have a fun evening with two of my favorite men, Good Guy---of course, and Brotherbob.  And the whole day went by---and I didn't lose anything-----at least nothing I have noticed yet!  Hooray for me!

I hope you too, have much to be thankful for!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling so good and have so much to be thankful for. I am very blessed too and give thanks to God every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very easy to "schlepp" my dear! Hope we get to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I look forward to meeting Keetha this summer, too :)

    Just a few minutes ago, I was feeling very grateful for my summer break. I need this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogaversary. I LOVE thankful posts...we have so much to be thankful for.
    Today Im thankful to find your blog

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.