These won't be full news stories, more like the condensed version on the left hand side of the front page for people who buy the paper to check the obituaries, but like to get a little dose of news.
The movie, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, was delightful! We both enjoyed it very much.
We are also regarding ourhi two days of rain showers as a great bit of good news. My garden is loving it! And the lawns are deciding not to go dormant after all.
All my kids were together on Sunday to salute their father. I don't know how long it's been since they've all been under one roof, but I know they had fun.
I am struggling to finish my WORDS quilt, mostly because I'm anxious to work on something else. I make myself go work on it one section at a time.
I get the day off tomorrow because I'm traveling with and spending the day with old friends from my nursing class. While we were training to be nurses, there was a program that lasted three straight years, called a diploma program which trained RNs. We got lots of practical training working with patients, and our classes had to do with what we had to know to be nurses. We didn't get art, or music appreciation, or comp and rhet, but we did get sociology and psychology, anatomy, physiology, chemistry. I never thought about it at a time, but it was three years of vocational school. And it was tough. More than half of our class washed out or decided nursing wasn't quite what they thought it was.
Our hospital didn't have programs in psych, obstetrics, or communicable diseases---so we got shipped off in small groups----in rotation, to learn these lessons elsewhere. These two friends were with me all through training and they know things about me nobody else knows.
Well, that turned into a feature story. I look forward to our day together, as you can well imagine.
The Photographer will be house-sitting this weekend while we travel to see Good Guy's younger son who will be near Detroit. I am hoping for a not too hot weekend, but even if it is, we can find us some air conditioning.
Two of my quilts will be on vacation this weekend at a Florence County Historical Show. (They aren't old quilts. Their only distinction is that my friends asked to borrow them.)
My last bit of news is that I got to go to the DeYoung Family Zoo and meet this fellow---at a respectful distance.
His name is Wallace.
Wallace. That's priceless! In Colorado Springs, the Zoo was a fav place to go when the kids were growing up. It's quite lovely and up in the hills on the west side of town. It's a hike to see it all, but worth it. Where was I going with this? Oh, once we visited the Hippo area and the Mom was NOT happy that we were all hanging out looking at her newborn.....she cranked up her tail and threw dung at us. Nice memory, huh?
ReplyDeleteHave a grand visit with the girls. How fun to get together and reacquaint yourselves. Nothing better!
Hot here. I'm whining.
Hugs
Jan
We really had a wonderful day together and it gave me the desire to do it on a more regular basis. In spite of the similarity in our beginnings, we are very different people---who love each other, anyway.
DeleteI THOUGHT for a moment Wallace was in your back yard and I was gettin' a tad worried about the UP.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, that would be quite shocking. The hippo-campus (a little medical humor there) is about the size of our entire block, so Wallace wouldn't fit very well in my back yard!
DeleteMy mother was visiting last week and we needed something to fill an afternoon. She wanted to go to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie along with my wife. I said I would go secretly thinking of taking a nap in the air conditioned theater during the movie. Well not so. I found the movie to be really interesting and funny. The hotel owner was like Basil Fawlty of Fawlty Towers fame. It was nice to established senior actors showing the audience that they still have the power to take you somewhere and make you believe their story.
ReplyDeleteHello, Wallace!
ReplyDeleteI've been hearing such good things about The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
It is lovely to see established actors of a certain age have an entertaining story to tell. I don't know if life in India is as chaotic as the movie depicts---but that was entertaining as well.
Delete