It is two years today since I made my first blog post taking The Step with such trepidation. And so many people gave me good advice about just being myself and writing about what interests me.
I, like you probably, get discouraged when there are no comments, and I sometimes have nothing very interesting to share with you---so I really don't deserve any comments. But I am always happy about the interesting, kind, and funny people I have met while doing this.
Because of blogging, I have found (in no particular order), people of enormous faith and obedience, good role models, good books, wonderful yarns and patterns to try, funny-funny-funny people, ways to share my talents, and a host of other daily joys.
Because of blogging, I have examined my relationships. I have searched for fine yarns, I have researched charities (and found some sadly wanting). I have cared about dogs, cats, and people I will never meet. I have even taken a few pictures. I have tried some of your recipes. I have loaned money to Kiva. I have written letters and sent postcards overseas.
So, in short, I love what the people who also blog have done and said to enrich my life. I am not convinced that I add a whole lot to this mix, but I think it reminds me of the book Captain Kangaroo used to read when my kids were growing up.
Remember Stone Soup? The soldiers need some food, and nobody in the town has anything to share, so the soldiers begin making soup, beginning the broth with water and a rock. The townspeople begin bringing their onions, carrots, turnips, and other foods to add a little to the broth.
Together we are a savory dish. We all bring something different to the stew, whatever our interest may be. We contribute little kids, grown kids, grandkids, pets, scenery, exercise, pain, joy, love, and friendship.
Today I thank you for your friendship. I am truly grateful!
A big bowl of Stone Soup ~ that about covers it! Blogging is everything you said, Ann. I couldn't have said it any better.
ReplyDeleteI'm very happy you took the leap 2 yrs ago because if you hadn't, I never would have met you. And that would be a crying shame.
Much love, my friend.
Jan
I quite agree! I'm so happy to have gotten to know you, thanks to those pesky phone minutes overflowing on our Tracfones.
DeleteCongratulations on blogging for two years.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogiversary!
Thanks, Debby!
DeleteTwo years! Who'd a thunk it?
ReplyDeleteThat particular fuzzie is adorable.
That Fuzzy is The Rearranger, Bella. She is a little sweetheart, when she isn't knocking everything off the refrigerator....
DeleteChum, you've brought delight to this little ole corner of the universe. Thanks for being you!
ReplyDeletePiecefully yours,
you know who
Hugs to you, Buddy!
DeleteWhat a great post! I love the Stone Soup reference! So glad you took that first step two years ago!
ReplyDeleteThanks Beth Ann. You have been one of the Guiding Stars when it comes to using this outlet for doing something truly generous and good!
DeleteWOW, congrats Ann.....I love reading your posts even tho I don't comment as often as I would have liked to. Being a Yooper myself, I especially love the pictures you have posted and just knowing that you have been to places I have either lived or been to in the UP and elsewhere, has made my boring days here in NC come alive...
ReplyDeleteThank you for being you and one day, on my bucket list, if I am well enough to come to the UP, I am going to take you out for a pasty...
Love from NC
Thanks, Sandy. Every time I get to that junction on US2 where I can look to the right and see the Iron County Courthouse, I think that I should stop some day and take a picture. It has been spiffed up and looks really nice.
DeleteOh, and Split Rock, too. The tree has died, but the rock and tree are still there.
I love visiting your blog, happy Blogversary! You hit the nail on the head here about the pleasure of blogging. Sometimes it is hard to think of something worthwhile to post but then in a day or two, usually something comes along. Bella is a cute kitty! Reminds me of my Spunky Doodle except it looks like Bella's fur is longer.
ReplyDeleteYou're right. Their coloring is very similar, but Bella is very tiny inside all that fluffy fur. If she got soaking wet, she'd be very scrawny. But she is loaded with personality!
DeleteI love hearing about your travel, gardening, quilting, and animal adventures. If I can ever get out of the workforce, I wanna live your life! Thanks for giving me a glimpse of the great things that await. Thanks also for being sassy...you've given me many a chuckle. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteOh, dear girl, you make me chuckle too. You have so much good to accomplish while you're in the workforce! You and Wiseguy use your powers for good while you can.
Delete