Sunday, July 20, 2014
You Look Marvelous!
What do you do when the time comes for reunions??
I know that some of the people who live in our local area never, ever attend. There are a great many that I would love to see again, but I'll have to take a little ride and set up a lunch date or something. Some folks travel across the country and wouldn't miss a reunion for the world.
Anyway, we don't have far to travel anymore and we enjoy seeing our old friends and classmates again.
Last week on Thursday at noon, I had fun with a group from my nurses' training days. We do this every summer and each bring food and spend the afternoon together. We had a couple extra neat things this year, since one of us came with her daughter and granddaughter as well. What charmers! Plus one of our classmates phoned and talked to many of us while we were all together. That was a nice treat too.
I came away feeling blessed and healthy which is always good, too. Not everyone's health is great as they age.
From Thursday night through Saturday night our high school class had get-togethers all over town and outlying areas.
On Thursday night a big bunch met at the pizza parlor. On Friday, some guys golfed together, and the whole class was invited to lunch at the golf course facility with an excellent feed that was provided out of the class treasury. This was far and away the best chance to mingle and talk to others. There was lots of time to visit before the food appeared and we weren't rushed to eat and make way for others.
And Saturday night we had a sit down dinner at the very best local eatery. Some folks only make it to this event, so it was nice to have some time to walk about and find out what's happening with the "newcomers".
Through the years, some of the folks I enjoy the most are the spouses of classmates who didn't graduate with us at all, but we've spent lots of time visiting over the course of many events.
All in all, a jolly time was had by all, I hope. Huge appreciation was heaped upon the organizers who work hard to make sure things are planned well ahead. The same folks usually do the job and they are the experts. I'll thank them here as well, even though they may never know. I'll write a note.
I hope you are having fun events this summer, too. People hereabouts are eating strawberries out of their garden patches. I have tons of flowers on my raspberry bushes, and I have bees buzzing around in there, too. I hope that results in some actual berries this year!
(Leave me a comment, if you can spare a minute.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My high school class will be having a 45-year reunion this fall, and I'm looking forward to it. I've not been to one in the past ... the timing never seemed to work. And since I've reconnected to some of my classmates via Facebook, I'm looking forward to this get together.
ReplyDeletePeople will be sooo happy to see you. Trust me! There are people in our class who have never come, too, and I would just love to see them again.
Delete