In the interest of having a stab at self-discipline, I am going to post every day this month. That cryptic title stands for National Blog Posting Month. I think.
She said, bravely, with good intentions.
As befits Halloween,(at least the way I remember the way my children used to have to wear winter gear over their costumes, no matter how clever they happened to be,) we got snow to celebrate.
After last winter, I only know one person who is happy about snow arriving. That would be my son, known here as The Photographer. He likes the cold and the snow. Truly a one in a million man.
But as for Good Guy and myself, we are starting to give serious thought to snow-birding this year. Especially if we could get The Photographer to house and pet sit for us. We are negotiating.
What else will we talk about here this month? The weather, Thanksgiving, what makes Christmas for me---and possibly for you, sisters, kids, cats and dogs. Sock monkeys. Throwing away clutter. Quilts and yarn made items.
Basically, I only talk about the ephemera of my life, as circumscribed as that may be. I may have a rant or two about auto-correct. Do I hear an "Amen"???
I assume it won't be necessary to affix a photograph of snow. Actually the sun melted it away pretty quickly so you can just picture green grass.
See you tomorrow.
It is a sunny 75 degrees here. I vote for snowbird-ing it. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, don't I wish! We are actually talking to friends who leave during the winter about how they settled on a place to go and how to make arrangements for a place to rent for an extended period.
DeleteI just told my husband today that we need to retire asap and go someplace warm for winter. We don't even have kids as an excuse to stick around, and have cats will travel. I was told we have three more years. Rats. Go!
ReplyDeleteI have never felt such dread at the thought of winter before. I guess last winter really knocked me for a loop.
Delete