Saturday, November 8, 2014

She's Really Cooking Now!

I hate to report that Good Guy is under the weather.

I especially hate to report that because that means the the Head Cook is also under the weather.

Unfortunately, we both still like to eat.  Therefore one of us will have to (shudder) do the grocery shopping and turn the groceries into edible meals.  I have heard that there is a generation of young folks who hardly ever cook, but buy food already prepared.  Alas, I am not part of that generation, and spent many years shopping and cooking for a lively family of seven.  I have the knowledge even if it's a bit out of use.

The upside of this is that the house now smells like fresh baked bread, and a baked dessert.  That doesn't happen to much with the Head Cook.  He makes great stuff, but doesn't do much baking.

My sister's husband cooks too, but once the meat is prepared he thinks that is plenty.  Kind of a manly point of view.

So I am expecting a speedy recovery for Good Guy and in the meantime I'll enjoy having the kitchen to myself.  As much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. I can smell the bread from here. I bet the garlic butter from the other day would be really good on it.

    Judy/emzy13

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.