The very first post I ever made had a picture of a chipmunk trapped inside a bird feeder which was hanging on my deck.
The state of my back porch brought that to mind this morning, as I discovered that the chipmunks---of which we have about a dozen----had chewed several sizable holes in the bag of seeds which Good Guy bought yesterday and brought to the deck.
Busy, busy, busy!
During the summer I entertained myself occasionally by turning the hose on them as they raided the bird feeders. I am not terribly upset about their lunching on bird seed. But tulip and daffodil bulbs? That make me annoyed. I'm not up for killing them, but I've put up little hints that they could relocate to the bottom of the hill. Not much is changing, though.
That's all for today. I need to add some more seasonings to my lentil dish that is simmering in the crock pot. It's supposed to serve six, and it's more like eighteen! I'll have plenty for the freezer, or I'll have the kids stop after work and bring some home for supper.
Back to hand quilting. More about that tomorrow.
What was in the lentil dish besides lentils? I love lentils and am always looking for new recipes with them.
ReplyDeleteJudy/emzy13