Time again to unload the tidbits of the week that are too good to discard but too small to merit a posting of their own. Maybe by the end of this post I can get the links to work properly so I can direct you there.
My week was highly focused on completing some projects, but I did take Wednesday afternoon off to go picture taking. We're in hardwood country and we're supposed to have glorious fall colors.
1. Trust me, people, nobody wants to boost the beauty of the Upper Peninsula more than I, but the colors here are disappointing at best. The view I hoped to capture across the river----it's still all green. The trees whose leaves have turned color are dull or they blew off during the windy days. So aside from a picture of me pouting, there's not much to report on the color front.
2. I'm discouraged that the football team I follow, which shall remain nameless, broke a team record for penalties on Monday Night Football, losing to the despised Chicago Bears. Shudder!
3. European countries are experiencing citizen protests because the bankrupt governments have had to cut services drastically because they've tried to stop spending money they don't have. Our future??
4. Technology in action this week. A family on our prayer list could send out hourly updates on their infant son's surgery to people who subscribed to their family's blog. A fine idea. It was great to know through the day how things were going.
5. I have voted already. I can mute all political ads with their half-truths and nasty insinuations without guilt.
6. We are still eating cucumbers and zucchini from the garden. Otherwise the sunflowers rule.
Go check up on the others at Mrs. 4444's place, http://www.halfpastkissintime.com/.
My football team isn't doing so well either!! When technology works, it's awesome, when it doesn't....not so much!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous that you a) have a garden and b) it's still producing!
Have a great weekend!
You don't HAVE to name the team with the record number of penalties - - - some of us KNOW who the Bears beat the other night.
ReplyDelete;-)
Oh it really stinks when your team does not perform well..
ReplyDeleteSeems like all of our leaves have blown off already due to a record breaking heavy rain yesterday. Our roads are covered in leaves.
I did not get too much from my garden this year but I did get the most delicious cucumbers and they are making a great snack for my 5th week of non-smoking!
Have a great week and I hope you find some color somewhere!
Have you checked out the blogger's over 40? The link is on my site..
What a bummer that the fall colors aren't producing for you. It's always a crap shoot if the perfect temps, rain, food, etc is all correct to get the best show.
ReplyDeleteYou are fortunate to have your election cycle over. It's probably a big relief.
I'm curious if we shall ever see the picture of you pouting lol
Kristin _ The Goat
It won't be long before your colors are in full effect. Keep the camera handy. In football, the old saying goes, "on any given Sunday". It just wasn't their Sunday.
ReplyDeleteThe beauty of the Upper Peninsula is the UP itself. The land and water are outstanding. I miss vacationing there. Maybe next year. Take some water and leaf photos and post them when you can.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to travel to the UP someday - I've always heard how beautiful it is! Hopefully, fall will soon realize that it's fall!
ReplyDelete