My new header picture, there temporarily, shows my good buddy Bella, waiting patiently for me to return home.
My knee replacement surgery last Monday morning went beautifully, and my post operative course has been without problems. I am expecting to be released back into the general population once again on Monday.
(For the two people in my circle who would like to know medical particulars, I had a spinal anaesthetic, and level 8 pain the first day.) I am impressed with all the machinery that helps to prevent pneumonia, clots, and excessive sleep.
Rehabilitation is the name of the game now, and I am the poster granny for that. I can bend my knee---or maybe My knee can be bent to 90 degrees and lie full flat on the bed at 0 degrees. All they ask of me. Getting it on and off the bed isn't as easy, but as the incision heals that won't be so painful.
So here I lie, reading books, collecting flower arrangements, fielding phone calls, and solving puzzles. And healing well.
Thanks for your well-wishes and prayers. They are much appreciated!
Home on Monday, methinks.
I have been fortunate to not have had knees surgery. I know several people that have and the rehab is worse than the surgery. Glad you are doing well so far and continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteIf all is going as expected you should be getting home today. I hope that's the case! Prayers to you my friend, for a speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteKristin - The Goat