Thursday, October 21, 2010

Speedy McReady

I am amazed and excited at the quick turnaround that is possible when a quilter brings her work---in this case, as pieced top----to a person who can machine quilt it for her. Or him.

Last weekend I got this top which isn't a thing of beauty, but used up some beautiful furnishing fabrics.  They were too stiff and closely woven to hand quilt, so I brought the top and a flannel backing to my friend who has large quilting machine. 

She got this on Monday.  Wednesday morning she called me to tell me it was ready.  I was dumbfounded!  I have a fine gift finished already.  I love to hand quilt, but looking over an acre of unquilted material is disheartening.  Especially when you're not young anymore. 

The son of mine who will be receiving this gave me a quilt journal to document the work and pictures of projects.  He's very optimistic, because there is room in this book for over 50 projects!  If they could go this quickly, I have half a chance.

By the way, the radio station down the road about 40 miles west of us, reported snow flurries this morning. 

Time for quilts, mittens, jackets, and such.

Have a good weekend, whatever your weather.

3 comments:

  1. It certainly is woolley vest weather! I've just dug out my Snuggy and woe betide anyone who suggests it looks too untidy to leave on the back of the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, the quilt is lovely! Those quilting machines are amazing and I'm so happy that you sent it off. It's great to have one more project off your "to do" list and on to your "to give" list!

    Snow? My feet are nearly frozen in southern Mi already and we've only had frost!

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a TON of work. Great job! You may want to change your blog header to reflect the quilts or to reflect the season. As it stands your blog header reminds me of summers in northern Minnesota and Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.