- I am disappointed to learn that the Inuit do not have hundreds of words for snow. Linguists no longer believe that, and I found that a charming idea. Snow is varied in the way that it presents and the way it ages, and we could use a great many more nouns to cover it. For instancce we received several inches yesterday out of precipitation that was no prettier than a misting rain. It's light an fluffy on the ground, but wasn't that way while it arrived.
- When I went to check out at my Amazon account, I had an extra item in my cart which raised my total by $500. (It was a flat screen TV set.) Good Guy was only doing a price comparison, he said. Man, I've got to watch him like a hawk!
- Last year at this time we were driving the day after the worst snowstorm of the winter in order to catch a flight from O'Hare to Cancun. Thankfully, the sensible folk were all at home out of the weather.
- It's time to clear off some surfaces of their usual mess, uh, decor-----and make a stab at Christmas decorations. We don't really have that much room but if all the surfaces were cleared, maybe that would be pleasant enough!
- We also need to burn candles very judiciously in containers to avoid accidents with our cats. Enough said about that.
- Well, OK, six things instead of five. The T-shirt saying that makes me laugh the hardest is this one: Here I Am, what are your other two wishes? No self esteem problems there! (Have a great weekend. I'm celebrating my Older Than Dirt birthday.)
Friday, December 10, 2010
Five on Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You may get the storm again this year, but hopefully NOT the driving to the Airport!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday from the Hawkeye state.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean the Inuit don't have hundreds of words for snow. That's as devastating as learning that Pluto isn't a planet.
ReplyDeleteSooooo, did you get the TV, too? lol
Happy two days after your birthday :)
Kristin