Saturday, April 9, 2011

Do Me a Favor

Yesterday as I surfed around reading Friday Fragments from far and near, I came across a very worthwhile thing to do.

Several of the blogs I read are donating to worthy causes for a specified length of time, in proportion to the relevant comments left in response to their postings. Think about it. In two minutes you can make my day, and you can help someone in a third world country eat eggs, or drink milk.

From now until May 1st, I will donate fifty cents/comment to Heifer International which provides seeds, livestock, and training to third world people, helping hungry families feed themselves. (That's straight from the website as you can probably tell.)

I'd love to be able to send them the money for a goat, but if it's just a packet of seeds, it's your fault. No pressure there, honey.

The other thing that caused this brainstorm was hearing from a couple of people via e-mail who lurk but never comment because they don't have a URL. Comment anonymously if you wish, or use the "Name" option---which works just fine. I used it for ages before I ever blogged.

OK, I'm done being a control freak wannabe, for now, at least. I'll put up a counter soon. Let's do this thing!!

PS Comments to date since April 1-----16.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - - - and besides prompting giving to a worthy cause, perhaps it will increase your comments. Let's see how this goes - - -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my comment contribution toward that goat or packet of seeds.

    Great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My momma got me (and my sisters each) a goat for Christmas one year from Heifer International. My nieces got chickens. It's a great organization and what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made my day by joining me in this little charity promotion. I went to Heifer International's website to find out about it since I never heard of them before and wow, what a fantastic organization! I added you my my "Blogroll For Charity" list and will mention about this in my Friday "Things I Learned This Week" post too with a link back here. Hope you get lots of comments for that goat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get a lot of comments. It's a wonderful thing your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came via Keetha's "cute kid" link, and here's wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.