Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Going for the Goat

Although I don't have the chance of an ice cube on a Texas sidewalk, I'm holding that thought as my goal in the "comment boost".

I am extending the time to the end of May, however.

(For the unwary, who may have just dropped by, I'm donating 50 cents/comment until the end of May to Heifer International.) This sounds noble, but I assure you it is more self-serving than that.

However, 240 comments by the end of May seems unlikely, and I'm discovering that people who would comment but aren't familiar with the blogging world have trouble leaving comments. Different options available require accounts here or there, or URL's to be entered. That's inconvenient if you are just trying to help, but don't plan to start blogging! (Sorry, kids.) I can't think how I left comments before I started.

Anyway, at the moment I'm more in the "here's a chicken" area. No problem, chickens are good too.

I'll make another post with another subject. It will be fascinating, I'm sure, she said, laughing.




56 comments:

  1. Are you counting ALL your comments, or just the ones under the original "goat" post???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering that same thing Keetha - but I'm assuming that it's all comments on all posts within the time period.

    I hope you get the Goat :) says The Goat lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful organization! Keetha sent me. Cha-ching! 50 cents please.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keetha sent me and I'm putting in my 50 cent comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful idea! Keetha sent me over....so here is another 50 cents! I sure hope you get lots of comments. It's a worthy cause!
    Jan
    Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! My kids read for Heifer International. We are a home school family and I had them read books and ask people to sponsor them. IT WAS GREAT! THEY LOVED IT! We should do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! PS ~ I'll be back! :) and I'm joining you just so I won't forget. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Sorry! Does that mean 50 cents per comment or person. Yicks! I guess I owe you $1.00? or you owe Heifer International $1.00??? Whoops maybe now we are up to a $1.50?? Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, it's 50 cents per comment and I'll cough up the money when the time comes. Thank you all for your help-----especially Keetha, for sending you all over here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ann,

    I'm back and I just wanted to. . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luck with this. I think it is just. . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - - - that Lisa really wants to help you hit your goal, doesn't she????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is another post for you! Thanks for the re-reminder, Keetha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm the "other" Keetha, visiting here from Mississippi - I want this goat thing to happen!

    What a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great cause! Hoping you make your goal! Or goat....:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keetha sent me over to help get a goat! Great idea and a wonderful thing to do! I am proud of you and your effort!

    Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems like you and I have connected...through Keetha and a goat! How fun. So here is another post for you!

    UP? I'm of Cornish ancestry and seems that many came there to mine in the 1800's. I have a deal friend in MI who is of Cornish descent and she used to send me pictures of the UP often!

    Nice to 'know' you.....

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Keetha's sister here - just pitching in to get your goat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a nice thing to do for those who are in need! Coming to you from Keetha's blog. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Visiting from Keetha's blog. This is a great thing you are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. We sponsor through WorldVision and have bought chickens and goats in the past. Naturally, I really LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow!!! It is really working!

    People LOVE your goat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I came from Keetha's blog. This is such a good idea. Blessings on you for helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Annie - get your goat!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Here from from Keetha's blog. Such a great thing you are doing! If you anyone to be able to leave a comment without having an account you can change that in your settings.

    In your dashboard go to 'settings' and then 'comments'.
    Under 'who can comment' change that to 'Anyone - includes Anonymous Users'.

    That should let everyone leave a comment! Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a good way to help those in need and to help them help themselves. Annie, I KNOW you will reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Ann,

    Jasper the blog-dog here (barking up the wrong tree and sniffing canine butts worldwide since 2006...!) Your special agent Keetha tipped us off about your campaign and may I bark what a FANTASTIC idea it is! I often have a grumble about my various misadventures and bunglings in life - but I never forget that at the end of each day I have a warm, safe, bed to sleep in and sufficient good food in my little furry belly. Not everyone in our world shares these most basic blessings.

    My partner's parents' church here in England supports a similar UK charity called "Send a cow". These charities generally offer gifts to suit various sizes of donations, from a packet of water purification tablets or a mosquito net to hang over someone's bed up to machinery, tools and equipment (and, of course, goats). An exceptionally worthy cause. There should NEVER be starving babies in this world (or suffering children or adults either) - it is unacceptable in this day and age.

    As the saying goes - "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing-rod and he can feed himself for life."

    LOTS of luck with your most excellent efforts. If it's OK with you, I will mention your blog and try and send a few of my chums your way.

    With best wags and wishes,

    Jasper xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the goat charity, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lisa, I just wanted to make sure

    ReplyDelete
  30. You were getting enough comments today.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent cause...hope you make it!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello and good job! I met Kristin in Jacksonville while my husband Brian was sick and needing a liver.August 19th will be a year and thank God all is good. Have a great day.Sharon Richardson

    ReplyDelete
  33. Annie, are you OVERWHELMED with this response??? I think I kinda am!!!

    You GO girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Came by from Keetha's. I've seen the program and think its a great idea. Go for the Goat! Please count this comment even if it's in the wrong post!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm doing as I'm told and leaving you a comment so you can contribute more to your goat fund.
    Keetha told me to do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Another visit from Keetha's! Hey, this means my comment is worth more than 2 cents. LOL

    I love the goat! I have always wanted a goat.

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOL! That Carolyn, she IS a clever one, no???

    ReplyDelete
  38. Visiting from Keetha - my kids save up every year to send chickens at christmas, they'll love to hear I left a comment for 50 cents towards a goat :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is great! Thanks for doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I BET that Pam is my sister - - - and while she doesn't talk as much as I do, she's pretty SMART with HOW she talks, no?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. My sister knows me well!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oops - I missed making a comment yesterday. Have a blessed Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Another comment for you! I got the all-clear today from the vets (a brush with the Big C...), PtL. And what better way, I thought, to celebrate, than to leave a goaty comment on Ann's blog...?! I put a link on my blog the other day, extolling the virtue of your endeavours. Hope you receive one or two more pithy comments because of that.

    With love, Jasper xx

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.