Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Easter!


I know it's early for doing this, but my house smells like Easter today, and so I'm going with it.

The drama takes place later in the week, on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, but I peeked at the text and I know how the story turns out!

Earlier today I bought a lily plant which is extremely fragrant. And returning home I smelled ham baking! So this house is way ahead of the curve, in celebrating Easter fragrances at least. I am very sure that I have never bought a lily plant for Easter before, and I figured it was about time! It's loaded with buds and we'll enjoy it for a while.

Now I'll go enjoy some of my purchases from Dubuque. We found a lovely block on main street with all of our favorite things in one little spot. There was a lovely book store, a quilt shop, and a popcorn establishment. Caramel corn, cheese corn, etc., etc.

We also found a thrift shop earlier, before the big stores opened and bought a bunch of books there! So we are set, in the reading department-----for a while! One advantage of flying is that I don't shop much when I think of having to lug my booty through the airport!

(Leave a comment. Give a goat to a needy village.)

8 comments:

  1. My son has a lap goat! Good luck with your goat project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can ALMOST smell that lily through cyber space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about adding some Cinnamon to that mix? I'm getting some Cinnamon rolls for our church's Easter Breakfast, praying for a big harvest of souls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wonder where my brain is located - I wondered why the grocery store had so many hams! LOL

    Keetha can smell the lilies and I can smell the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that Bob stopped by :) She's a fan of goats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every year I buy an Easter Lily for my mom. I think I will buy one for US this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOLOL!!! Lynn's son has a lap goat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't buy live flowers; I always kill them.

    HAPPY EASTER :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.