Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day of Rest

Fact One: Thirty comments for June so far. The comment money will go to Doctors Without Borders.

Fact two: I'm celebrating the completion of a year of blogging on June 16th at which time I'll pull a name out of the hat to give away a copy of The Happiness Project. Trust me, it's so worth a read!

A year of blogging has not made me more knowledgeable about techie matters. I tried to make a nice new header collage to no effect. Except for the fact that I wasted a good hour when I could have been doing something more productive, useful, and interesting.

This week we also celebrate the anniversary of GoodGuy's natal day. His gets a more attention than mine does, in spite of the fact that we discovered today that I shared my birthday with Frank Sinatra, whereas he shares his with Boy George. But, on the other hand, the whole country flies the flag on his birthday. That's pretty cool!!

I must confess that by now I am heartily sick of seeing public figures pretending to be abjectly sorry for their actions, by publicly apologizing. Then thinking all will be forgotten. Stop being so stupid, you men! Grow up! If you act like a brainless adolescent, get off the world stage. We need leadership, not bone-headedness!

This week I found a book that kept me reading steadily until it was done. I read Jodi Picoult's Salem Falls, and it was a jolly good read. I loved the characters, both the heroes and the villians, who were all well developed and interesting. Thanks Jodi.

Hope you are resting today, too.



6 comments:

  1. I've been reading this week also. I have just started 'jemima j' by Jane Green. I love Jodi Picoult and have read many of her books. Doctors without Borders is a great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very good and interesting writer. I enjoyed my visit with you. I have decided any public figure is not worth what they are paid. Plain sinful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I share a birthday with Andy Williams! But we're not the same age! You and Boy George, huh? He's a 'trip'. lol

    Techno stuff: I know enough to make myself dangerous, but must admit that changing the banner on a blog is somewhat of a mystery. So I went with BLOGGER'S templates. Of course, once you have them installed, I have NO idea how to get them out! Scheez.

    Mr. Weiner. His name says it all.....I say kick him out and let's move on.

    Camping was great. Nice and rested. Until tomorrow when I have to hit the grocery store because there is NOTHING in the 'fridge!

    Hope my comment helps your June count!

    Let's keep in touch my friend. A chat would be great!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A year of blogging. What a year it's been! So glad to have you as a blogging friend instead of only being a commenting friend!

    I am looking forward to the Happiness Project book. If I don't win then I'll have to run out and get it :0) or download it on my Kindle.

    Salem Falls - I just looked it up and it sounds pretty good. I'll have to check it out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you learned more than you think during your first year of blogging. I made a tutorial video on making a collage for a blog header that may help you. The first time it does take some time but it gets easier the more you do it: http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-figured-out-how-to-get-my-blog-header.html

    I loved "Salem Falls" too. Here is my link to my review of it if you're interested: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/08/salem-falls-by-jodi-picoult.html Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors! Other ones I really liked a lot by her were "Nineteen Minutes," "Perfect Match," and "The Pact."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Ann, this is great that you have been in bloggyville for a year...I am still a lurker after 3 years. I am not as brave as you are.
    Happy Birthday, GoodGuy......
    And, one last comment....I am on the same page you are with those in politics that lie through their teeth when caught, apologize and then pout like a baby.....UGH!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.