Thursday, June 9, 2011

Friday Fragment

Gather around, everybody, and join the gang at Half Past Kissin' Time hosted by Mrs. 4444 each Friday as we sort through the bits and pieces of the week----not enough to post-----too good to just forget. At least, we usually get together for this. At 7 AM I can't link up yet.

Imagine our surprise to have it just as hot in Milwaukee as it had been in Orlando. Plus we got to climb into our toasty warm car to drive four more hours home. Fun! The AC worked pretty quickly after the heat stroke. (I'm just messin' with you.)

As I write this on Thursday night, the Detroit Tigers are one game behind the Indians. When you hang out with a baseball fan for 23 years, something rubs off. The first summer we were together I'd have rather watched paint dry than sit through a baseball game. After which I was introduced to watching golf. Enough said.

Do you really think Major League Baseball pays much attention to "the official soft drink of MLB" or the official pick-up truck of MLB?

GoodGuy and I had some funny moments this week comparing the list of words we thought described me. He thought I was industrious and thrifty, while I thought I was lazy, practical and a bookworm. His first reaction when I asked was, "Oh, no." Two more words.

I talked with a lady this evening who has many grandchildren in town and they are scheduled (as the grandparents) to attend about eight soccer, t-ball, or softball games per week. Monday night she had three. Yowza! Grannies need stamina!

The book I finished this week: Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. A good read and a thought provoking story. Honest person that I am, I have to confess that I was driven to listening to it since I ordered it too late. I was hoping it would reach me before I left for Florida, but it didn't so I had to download it from the library.

I am not complaining about either the heat or the cold. It is entertaining to have them switch from one to another so quickly though. Personally, I'm partial to clothes that cover me. As in jeans and hoodies.

Now it's your turn. Gather some fragments and join the party.

And have a nice weekend, too.




7 comments:

  1. Here goes: Wish I had my grands in town or near enough to go to their activities....
    Two sets of friends in Pensacola Fl. area have chickens....Love looking at them....My dearest friend in Fl. has laying chickens and she gives the eggs to people at her church...YUMMY, fresh laid eggs.
    Weather, we have it whether we like it or not...This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it..my paraphrase..
    BASEBALL...I used to listen to the Tiger games in "the little room" (little sitting room off the dining room of my grandparents home in Houghton....Grandpa and I would sit and listen on his ancient radio..Me, I have been a diehard Cub fan for almost 38 yrs. Just think, I am persistent in following....I hope the Tigers win in their American league this year. Detroit needs some encouragement and good old American Baseball could be the ticket....
    Back to the heat here in NC.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined FF today for the very first time. I don't find your icon over that though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch baseball on TV with my dad but we'd listen to it over the radio. He loved listening to Ernie Harwell.

    I'm partial to clothing that covers me, too! However, I just can't handle the cold anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why the Indians are on a losing streak lately, but they better get back on track or your tigers are going to pass them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say that I love the photo you chose for your Friday Fragment icon over at Mrs. Fours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this has been a day of rest..... I opted for a snooze on the bed and before long Da Yooper discovered my hiding spot and took his nap. Our "boys" are becoming more insistent as to when we rise and shine. They are in need of behavioral modification and I am willing to go to the trouble of not satisfying their whines and pawing. Jones and Chief are Shih Tzus who are our fur babies. Chief, the younger and more expressive baby, whines and stands on his hind legs to find a place to paw my arm or leg. Jones just stands aside and lets the little one get in trouble. He's right by my side when I'm ready to give out lots of loving attention :)

    My reading this week has been slow, but I am 96% (per Kindle) finished reading 22 Years a Slave and 40 Years a Free Man by Austin Stewart.My interests include history: textiles, cultures, quilting, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so cute. I feel the same way about the weather, though I would enjoy two days in a row of warmth.

    If you'd only called my name as you drove by on Hwy 41! I totally would have heard you and thrown myself in front of your vehicle to stop you for a little rest, at least. Next time, let me know! :)

    Glad you made it home safely.

    Thanks again for linking up, and I'm sorry again about the bum feed! :(

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.