Our hostess for this weekly clambake is Mrs. 4444's of Halfpastkissintime. Hook up and have fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only idea I could come up with for a birthday present for GoodGuy was a reading device such as a Kindle or a Nook. When we got to researching them, he urged me to wait. He is still without a present. I feel guilty, (but rich.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been blogging for a year. I learn more when I read blogs than when I write them, and my tech abilities are still lame. I need a class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My family is gearing up for a family reunion next weekend and my photographer just got a paying gig and won't be there. The best laid plans of mice and men...... (KC, can you come??)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have baby birds learning to fly in our yard this week. There are little ones flying from the grass where they almost disappear, to the low branches of the spruce tree. And a fat baby robin was teetering on the clotheslines. He didn't get the memo that robins don't do that so much. We have one robin who hangs out in the bird bath splashing around all day. He probably thinks he's a duck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't miss my peonies, and they are really beautiful this year. Usually we get a big rain and windstorm right after they blossom, which blows them all around and messes them up. But not so far this year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am knitting-----a prayer shawl-----it's long, it's boring, but it will comfort someone, sometime, I hope. And it keeps me praying, a worthwhile past time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a nice weekend and link up with your fragments.
Congrats on a year blogging! That's awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't noticed any babies here... One of the sacrifices of living in town...
Wow a year. That's great. Keep it up. Especially letting us know about life in the UP. Its such a great place. Wish I was there.
ReplyDeleteAfter two years of blogging, I still don't know much about technical stuff. I often ask others for help. And even then if the directions aren't extremely simple, I still don't get it.
ReplyDeleteI rarely get gifts for my husband because he never wants what I think he'd enjoy! I find he likes food pretty well, so dinner is our best bet.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing baby birds. Congrats on the peonies! You got a vacation and a nice long blooming season for your flowers.
I love my little Samsung galaxy tablet which has a kindle ap AND
ReplyDeleteso much
more
Fragments are Fun! (sounds like a Sesame Street song)
ReplyDeleteI watch the birds, too. I'm easily entertained!
Can't get 'into' Kindles and the like. The smell of a book, the sound of the pages turning, a library FULL of them, and a great bookstore make me swoon.
Knitting in the summer is something I don't think of, but your idea makes perfect sense. I have SO much extra yarn around here, I should knit/crochet baby hats or shawls, too. Thanks for the thought.
A reunion. How happy! We have NEVER had one in our family but SO love to hear of those people that DO. I'm sure somebody will take photos for you.
Keep the Fragments coming. I love your writing style and you make me smile!
Happy blogiversary. Why are men so hard to shop for? Because everything they want costs a lot! I've given my dh a tub with a few magazines he'd enjoy (and I approved of), his favorite snack foods and beverages and a movie to watch. That was a hit. Knitting is not my thing, but I do like the idea of a prayer activity.
ReplyDelete