Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winding Down

  

Christmas comes but once a year, and when it comes it brings good cheer.

And so many happy memorable moments.  Family Christmas was yesterday with my two sisters and whatever family members who could be there and there was much laughter and love----and plenty of food.

Today, after I go to Weight Watchers, Good Guy and I are headed for Green Bay to watch some basketball and visit Barnes and Noble with my new Nook.  (Technophobe that I am, I need a short course.) 

We will be watching the University of Wisconsin---Green Bay women's basketball team in action.  They are a real powerhouse and we follow their progress all year, even though we only get to a few games.

Another thing I need to tell you about;  Older Daughter and I went to the early Christmas Eve service, and there were little children in attendance.  During a period of silent prayer (much longer than I needed to confess my personal sins) ---- a little voice piped up,  "Wake up!  Wake up!"

The pastor looked out over a full house of chuckling parishioners.  Another child intoned, after every musical number,  "All done!"   I've decided the early service is for young families, and old folks who don't want to be out carousing around at 10 PM.  Good clean fun.

So have a jolly day, finding places for all your new treasures, and finish off those cookies so you can put that canister back into the cupboard.  Just trying to help!


3 comments:

  1. I'll up you one - I didn't bake anything so I don't have any cannisters to put away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet B&N can get you to near Nook expertness in no time :) So happy you had a lovely time with family. Wake up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children are precious! Even our late Christmas Eve service was at 5:30 so we don't have to be out late at night. Both services are usually packed.

    Hope you get your Nook figured out quick. I love my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.