Monday, December 12, 2011

Cozy and Contented

You know the Christmas cards you get that wish you peace and joy?

Well, this morning of my birthday is just that. It is majorly peaceful here with Good Guy still sleeping, kitties watching out the windows, and the furnace running to keep our cottage warm.

The coffee is hot and delicious, and the moon is still almost full, while the temperature is hovering at freezing. (Outdoors, that is.)

My daughter and I attended the choir concert last evening which was very lovely. The church was beautifully decorated, with a stately tree and about a zillion poinsettias.

We have all we need, and some extra to share. No cars are in the repair shop. Saint Bev is recovering from her surgery and no additional treatment is needed.

My younger daughter, on the Virginia Tech campus, was always safe last week. (As was almost everyone else, as it turns out.)

I am happy, I am very blessed, and I pray the same for you.

Happy Preparations Week!

6 comments:

  1. God has been good to us too. He suggested that I slow down this weekend, I did, and he gave me a sense of contentment. That's what I crave most at this time of year. Glad you're feeling it too. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ann....I wish you a wonderful year of love and contentment. And I'm happy you are in my life.

    Many warm cake-filled hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Ann! I'm sending you warm hugs and how grateful I am that you are part of my life. Piecefully yours....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday from the crew at Arrow Acres Farm! Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Ann; mine is tomorrow but I already got a gift from all my pets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Happy Birthday to you my friend!

    Such a lovely post - - - I think we ALL need to count our blessings on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.