Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Flurry Report

Yesterday morning I hied me hence to do some last minute shopping to fill the box headed for Florida. I sneaked the bags into the house because there were some things for Good Guy, too, and when I hadn't heard him after an hour of wrapping, I called upstairs.

No answer. No car in the garage, either. He was out shopping too.

So we got the boxes off to Florida and Royal Oak. I can't send the Minnesota box until I finish another mitt, but that's OK. If the box gets there early, it'll get opened too early anyway. I won't knit at all today because my shoulder is too lame. Moderation in all things----sometimes your body has to remind you.

In spite of the wise eating plan, I'll get to do some baking today. Because I have eight granddogs, and many niece and nephew dogs as well, I can bake dog treats. They aren't as much fun as cookies, but I'm not (quite) as tempted to snack.

Just a word about our weather. Since the slush that arrived on Monday, our temps have hovered just above freezing which results in a weird, cold fog. I'm glad I don't have to go out in it much.

Oh, and GG got our Christmas tree yesterday. It is short but very chubby. Today we'll decorate and set the cats into a flurry of excitement. Ahh, the Christmas spirit! I'm looking forward to the lights on the tree.

Only one week until the winter solstice. Hooray! (I'm not saying that as a sun worshiper, only as a scientific observer of the need for sunlight for my cheery mood.)
!
Happy Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. Do you guys have snow on the ground?

    We are in the 40's and getting rain.

    I HATE rain this time of year - - - I WANT MY SNOW!!!

    Last year we had 18+ inches by now, which never completely left us until April.

    OK - - - so getting snow into May was a bit extreme last winter - - - but what we had THEN I would gladly take NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRR!!!!! Snow on the ground,oh my!!! It is cool here in the 40's...colder at night...I like the first snow and then it can melt in a day or two....then just be back sunny...
    Enjoy your snow..
    Love from NC,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my Christmas Cruise interrupting my December (in a good way!) I've been scrambling this week to get everything gathered and sent. I even decided last minute to write out Christmas cards. I have already mailed over 80 cards and I'm not finished yet. The remaining 40 or so will probably arrive on Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas LOL

    I like those short and chubby trees. They are so much easier to decorate and I usually don't need a ladder!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.