Good Guy thinks that I really got into dejunking because he was gone golfing so many days this week and I was bored. Excuse me?!
Could it be that when he's away I have hours of freedom in which to sort and pitch? I am so pleased that I made progress on rearranging my kitchen cupboards so the things we use a lot would be handier, and I cleared counters. They aren't as clear as I'd like, but they are better every day. So, even though I haven't had time to blog, I have gotten lots of important (to me) stuff done!
I have even attacked the ever tottering stack of magazines and have parted with some. I need to be much more ruthless about sending them off to new homes.
In a completely unrelated segue, we saw our first hummingbird of the season on March 11, a few days earlier than usual. I would have missed it completely if I hadn't happened to be outdoors weeding after supper. I don't know why those little birds give me such joy, but I am always cheered to see them.
And in yet another dramatic change of subject, Happy Mothers' Day to you all, whether you're a mother or not. You probably had a mother, and chances are you liked her. Enjoy the day.
Happy Mother's Day to you too, Ann....
ReplyDeleteCome and help me declutter....Great idea
to get rid of stuff....Our oldest son lives
with us and he is dong a great job with the
garage and the two sheds in the back yard...
Even made money with scrap metal stuff...5 old
clawfoot tubs that we were always going to
refurbish and sell....Well, never happened
and we did make some money off them and the backyard is starting to look better.
Now back to cleaning those magazines....Thanks for that idea!!
Love from NC
I guess any metal you have around nowadays is a fundraiser without doing any more work on it. Good work getting rid of the tubs. I'm trying to part with old quilting, knitting, and spinning mags. Boy, that's tough for me!
DeleteThe Hummingbirds are here, too. We heard them at the lake last week and yesterday I was in the backyard (also weeding) and heard it. Nothing says 'summers coming' than a hummingbird!
ReplyDeleteCleaning out is a one person task. That way there are no 'discussions' as to what to pitch or keep. Personally, I like to handle it myself.
Happy Mother's Day. I spent it walking 7 miles and now have a couple of nasty blisters!!
Jan
Ouch--to the blisters! GG hired to have our garden plot prepared so I have time to grub around in the flower beds.
DeleteIt's quite a novelty to have things looking pretty ship shape at this time of the spring! He cleaned in the garage this morning, too!
FH hasn't hung out any hummer feeders yet, so I have not spied my first.
ReplyDeleteSeems he threw away our feeder at the end of last season and we haven't remember to pick up a new one when we are out and about.
I was weeding a flower bed last night and thought I heard a hummingbird...but it turned out to be a hummindbird moth! It had no fear of me whatsoever and fed at the columbines right next to me. It seemed oblivious to my presence and I got to study it right up close. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI just stocked up on jars of grape jelly for our beautiful Baltimore orioles. The feathered family arrived about a week ago and we are enjoying their colorful visits.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!