Thursday, May 3, 2012

Three on Thursday

1.  First off, you get the weather report.  After a night of rain, followed by temperatures into the 70's yesterday, May is "bustin' out all over".  Trees are leafing and fruit trees are blossoming---especially those lovely deep pink crabapple trees.  We've got flowers, we've got bees, life is good!

2.  I had an early Mothers' Day visit yesterday from my middle son, Ben.  I commend him for his awesome faith and obedience to the Lord.

     As a parent, I always prefer caution to adventure.  But he stepped out in faith, confident that he was being led to do so, quit his job, and i'ss debating between other offers which have come in since he started searching.  I also commend my DIL's faith, since she had to be on board for this adventure.    I am just happy (and relieved)  that this is working out for them.

     I know what this says about my faith, and I'm ashamed and humbled.

3.   Good Guy has spent a couple days this week as an observer in the courtroom in Crystal Falls.  A man stands accused of strangling an elderly woman who was slated to testify against him in another matter.  Yesterday he testified in his own defense and he gave Good Guy the impression that he wouldn't want to get into a disagreement with him.

      In his other days this week, golfing has commenced, so he is pretty scarce around here.  There's lots to talk about when he gets home.

That's all folks!  Happy Thursday!  (More bird sculpture from the gardens in Omaha.)

3 comments:

  1. GoodGuy sure knows how to spend his days....court and the golf course. Talk about different ends of the spectrum! He's SO diverse!

    Ben is lucky to have you (and his wife) supporting him in his search for a spiritual life. I wish him luck and hope it's all he expects.

    Thursday HERE was nutty....way too busy for a 'retired' babe. I'm taking a much needed break to check on blogs and have a G2 to whet my whistle!

    Lovely sculptures.

    Hey, remember the CUTE BUNNY that wintered over here? Well, cute no more. She's eating all my Daisy shoots. Tonight I am putting Blood Meal around the plants and hope that discourages her. Otherwise, Dave may have to 'relocate' her. Did I say CUTE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a tiger in your tank, er I mean HEADER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your new header picture! Your husband actually just goes to the courthouse to watch trials? John Grisham wrote a book about a kid who did that--I think it's call Kid Lawyer. I liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.