I should title 60% of my blog postings, Live and Learn. Yes, I know that would be dull, and you'd skip over it saying, "Oh, I read that already."
But, this weekend while we took a quick trip to Brotherbob's and stopped to watch Women's Basketball in Green Bay, we passed through snow country. The kind of snow that leaves the trees laden and beautiful and the kind that leaves lovely statues of snow people in yards.
So, in a fit of Being Prepared, I brought a camera. Eureka, the batteries were new. I even remembered to take it out of the purse and aim it at scenes of beauty.
The error this time was that we were moving at a steady 50 miles per hour and everything is blurry. New snow can make things appear overexposed as well. I will treat you to a sample.
The top one would be the clearest, since I was in a stopped car while Good Guy was patronizing a meat shop. It is only snowbanks, but I haven't seen any like that for a good long while unless it was near a big box store.
This is more typical of the quality I can share with you. It was awesome to see, yet you have only my word for it. You can feel that you should do something, but you can't make yourself LIKE it. I like to have pictures, and thankfully, Good Guy takes good ones when he thinks to take a camera.
I'll give you the link to his blog when he decides he likes to write as well. (Don't hold your breath.)
In the meantime, think cool thoughts----and have a very merry Christmas (and for some of you, a happy birthday, too.)
As for me and my house, we have just had a funny Christmas Eve with a non traditional supper of spaghetti, tossed salad, garlic bread and brownies. Our traditional CE meal was too much work and will be duplicated at the celebration with my sisters and their families on Saturday. So First Daughter, the Photographer, and two grandsons were with us for supper and the evening. Great fun. Everyone enjoyed the meal.
Now on to the stocking stuffing and putting the manger with the wee baby into the creche set. Happy Birthday, Dear Baby.
I think a spaghetti CE supper sounds absolutely delightful!! When we are all together, our family traditional is lasagna - - - so you and I must be in the same school of thought!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you too!
And who in the WORLD would have a birthday at THIS time of year?
Only the Finest Kind of Folks!
DeleteI tried to take a picture of Mt. St. Helens when we were in Oregon a couple of years ago - as we were hurling down the highway on our way to the airport. Needless to say it turned out like your bottom snow photo. :-(
ReplyDeleteSince our Christmases with family were all held last week, DH and I had a quiet Christmas Eve at home ... after the Christmas Eve service, we had a light dinner and watched "It's a Wonderful Life".
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Obviously, I know exactly what you mean! And the more beautiful my original subject, the more disappointed I am in my goofed up photographs. But I really don't care enough to work at getting better.
DeleteWe had chinese food on Christmas Eve.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you and your family!