On the day after Christmas, with the refrigerator filled with leftovers, we are sitting around like slugs.
It is possible we are showing even less initiative than slugs; it's hard to tell. It would be fun if you were here, (if we knew one another better) so we could just relax, have a cup of whatever your favorite beverage might be, and just kick back and read, or knit, or chat.
This past year I took some advice from Gretchen Rubin and worked on my friendships. I sent more birthday cards, I made some phone calls, I texted messages, I got dressed and showed up at places I used to by-pass. This really did make my year much richer and fuller. I thank you all, since not all my friends are known to me by sight.
I had a funny experience over the weekend while we were visiting at Brotherbob's. After church we went out for brunch, and Mrs. Brotherbob was greeted with hugs by a big family who were also at the restaurant. When I was introduced to some of the members of the family, I realized the children had been on the prayer chain for months and months. Everyone looked quite happy and healthy that day, which was gratifying, indeed.
Still ahead for us is the whole family bash on Saturday with ethnic foods and crowded rooms and lots of laughing and fun. My sister and brother-in-law have lots of room and paper plates, and outlets to plug in the crock pots so we will gather there. Before that I have baking and meatball making to do.
But not today. Today is for hibernation and vegetation. If you come over, knock and then walk right in. And bring your knitting. Or your book.
See ya!
When I read I was invited to the slugfest, I pictured an all together different kind of fest. I like YOUR idea way better.
ReplyDeleteSome of my best friends are women who I've never met face-to-face. ;-)
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with a little slug-fest. A little R+R after a busy Christmas season is a very good thing. ;-)
Oh, man....I SO want to come over and have a cuppa with you today! And knit. Or crochet. Or just plain talk. Why is it that the people we hold most dear are SO far away???? I don't get it!
ReplyDeleteWe ate SO much yesterday, that I had a miserable nights lack of sleep. I was hot and uncomfortable. Now, I'm not 30 anymore, so you'd think I'd have known better, right? Apparently not. Dave? He wants the whole shebang again tonight. Me? Toast!
Enjoy your day of slugging. I admire you for admitting it and want to join in, please!