Thursday, September 9, 2010

Friday Fragments

Here it is Friday again and Mrs. 4444 of  Half Past Kissing Time is hosting another opportunity to unload our sack of ephemera onto her blog.  I really enjoyed visiting with so many new bloggers last week, it is well worth the time.

As I set deadlines for the completion of the big projects in my workroom, I get to think about what will get attempted next.  When I began quilting, it was to use the cutaways left over from sewing clothing----strictly a frugal move by a young mother. So that made me a scrappy quilt lover.  So I began doing this more recently.

I cut my scraps into two inch squares and do this:   http://www.quiltville.com/leadersenders.shtml.

Another interesting thing I read about this week is The Shed Project, wherein the writer seeks to simplify life by getting rid of "stuff" and lose weight.  A discipline of sorts.  The site can be found quickly with  your search engine.

A good deed site of the week is Cedar Bulgaria.  They are providing quality community based (read no large institutions) for disabled orphans.  They are providing family type environments.  I am always surprised by the number of orphaned children overseas.  (Don't ask me why...)

I am annoyed with those people who brag on television about how, with the help of the sponsor, they weaseled out of paying their taxes.  One word for you.  DEFICIT.

Now that I see this, it's possible that some of these might morph into a proper post of their own.  Sometime when I have more time, and fewer projects.

This week we also had a wonderful soup called Tomato, Rice, and Sausage soup.  That's a post for over the weekend.    Happy Friday, people...

Mommy's Idea

7 comments:

  1. And I would add STOP SPENDING to the ideas for helping the deficit.

    Just sayin' - - -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quilt that was my grandmothers but I don't think she really enjoyed quilting as that's the only quilt of hers that we are aware. I don't think quilting is for me, but I sure do admire the work.

    I'm always on a quest to lose more stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish quilting was more popular over here. I know you can get how-to-do-it magazines but I don't know anyone who does. Not that I would do that but at least I might be able to get a beautiful quilt like you have over there. They cost thousands though don't they if you don't make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see that finished project!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been saving the scraps for years..some day I am going to have to just put them together. Maybe as a special gift for my great grand children.
    And yes; to deficit and stop spending I would add stop lying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting rid of "stuff" can be so cathartic. I did it last year when I moved into a smaller house.

    No regrets on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those little scrappy quilts. I think they're fun to look at and remember what sort of quilts they are originally from.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.