Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shameless Commerce Division

Many weeks ago, probably, (since time goes by so quickly, and my memory is like a sieve) my blogging buddy Kristin of the blog "The Goat"  http://ttelroc.blogspot.com/, had an entry about great products she's purchased and used in her home.

She was doing this as a part of a group that was sharing these findings from room to room in their houses, and it was a great idea.  I don't think they were paid for endorsing anything, I think they were just being good kind-hearted people.

I'm not overly loyal to brands, except coffee, nor do I buy cleaning products very often.  A gallon jug of Mean Green lasts a long time, and so does Windex.

However, Flylady  ( http://www.flylady.com/) a service which offers so much advice and encouragement to us organizationally challenged people for free, carries tools and products for sale.  They search for sturdy, unique products that are well worth spending money for.

  I have cats, which means I have fur issues. So I invested in a rubber handled, rubbery brush called a Rubba Scrubba, and I love this little tool!  It is easily cleaned, of course, but a few brushes with it gobs up the cat fur from corners and rug edges where my vacuum cleaner can't go.  I just love it, and may give it to everyone for Christmas.  Family, be forewarned!

In the same order I bought Purple Rags in a Bag, and I can wet them and clean windows without any other cleaner at all.  No streaks, no lint.  The downside would now be----no excuse.  Except that there are so many other interesting things to do.  The Rags come in their own mesh bag for washing and I would wash them alone without fabric softener. 

They sell a kit for cleaning lint out of clothes dryers and hoses, too.  I don't have one yet, but I'm very tempted to get one.  You never know what all has accumulated between that rotating drum and the walls of your dryer.

Last, but not least, I own a wonderful digital timer which I purchased from her site.  One of her watchwords is that you can accomplish a lot in 15 minutes if you keep at it and don't get sidetracked.  I use my timer all the time to keep me on track.  When I don't feel like doing ANYthing, I can set it for five minutes and promise myself that I can quit after that, and accomplish more than I expect.

I have never aimed for perfection.  I just want to be clean and comfy.  It's not too much to expect.  Flylady is a big help to me and it doesn't take much time.

Have a nice Sunday.  You don't need to do housework today.

2 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you that I was one of FlyLady's first 10,000 subscribers? The lanyard that I use to keep all of my condo keys and my car key says "I'm flying!"

    I had been wanting one of the Rubba Scrubbas, but she was always sold out. This was of course when they first came out with them, but every so often I wonder if it really works as well as they say. I should know better than that - Flylady sells great stuff!

    Thanks for the link! :) it's so great that we have yet another thing in common.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment on your dumpster story but blogger was having none of that. I am so glad everything worked out but it was one funny story!
    Thank you for the kind comment about my writing. It is moments like that; that keep me typing..

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.