Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fire Up

Sunday's snow is officially vanished except where it can't melt off pre-existing snow piles. So we are back to crocus watching. Our yard is rife with bird life and bird song, so we are seeing signs of spring in spite of the mischievous snowfall.

This morning while I was surfing to find the final score of the U Conn/Butler game I came upon a story---both inspirational and discouraging.

A marathoner is being honored. She's in her 90's! She has dropped out of a couple of races, one of which was a few days after her husband of 60+ years died! My goodness gracious sakes!

You can read about this paragon here. I am still shaking my head, but you can bet I'll get my shoes on and take a proper walk today.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the 90something year old that FINISHED the Hayward Birkebeiner a few years ago!!! How DO those hardy souls do it????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog today! My sister is a runner and she is planning on running our local half marathon 4 months pregnant this year! She's totally going to be a 90 year old marathoner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine being a runner at all, let alone a 90 year old marathon runner! Hope you enjoyed your walk :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.