This will entail, bringing sheep to the venue to be shorn.
After this the teams will have to spin the yarn and knit a pair of socks and the team that can do it in the shortest time will win.
Well that a mind-blower for me. Here's the link to the Yarn Harlot's funny description. Have a chuckle on me.
Happy Tuesday!
wow, that is some competition!!
ReplyDeleteI'm confused...my sheep-raising friend Linda has to wash the fleeces from her sheep before the wool can be sold. I wonder how they'll deal with that on competition day? Bathe the sheep a few days before? Who gets that lovely job?
ReplyDeleteI know, Shauna, I can't figure out the fleece washing step either! Or the step of washing the spun, plied yarn. It's not like you can put wool into the dryer! Several commentors asked the Yarn Harlot about that too, but I didn't read the answer.
ReplyDeleteGuess there are competitions for just about everything! This one sounds pretty interesting.
ReplyDeleteOh, I received "The Happiness Project" book in the mail today--thanks. I have several library books to read first though but am looking forward to reading this one!
I'd like to be able to do just ONE of those steps - - - I can't do any at all!
ReplyDeleteYes, I thought the fleece had to be washed before spun too.
I love this! I also liked her Star Wars, may the force be with you, reference LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking since this is a competition, the socks are not made to be worn - so the washing step is not necessary.